"Special" Enamels...

Crowesfeat30

I've got some questions regarding Translucent, Glitter and Glow enamels for geocoins:

1. Translucents: Is there a translucent enamel that correlates to most other available colors or is there a limited number of colors?

2. Glows: Has any coins been made with the orange glow enamel (Glow # 7 on Landsharkz chart)? Is it a nice orange or kind of "muddy"?

3. Glows: Are the glow enamels shown on Landsharkz chart all of the glow enamel possibilities?

4. When using translucent, glitters and glow enamels do they change the "feel" of a coin if previous enamels used on a coin were imitation hard enamels (smooth filled in and flush with the uppermost serface) or can you get the imitation hard enamel finish with translucents, glitters and glows?

5. Are there any "Pearlized" or "Iridescent" enamels? :)

Thanks for any help with these questions! :o

CF30

I've got some questions regarding Translucent, Glitter and Glow enamels for geocoins:

1. Translucents: Is there a translucent enamel that correlates to most other available colors or is there a limited number of colors?

2. Glows: Has any coins been made with the orange glow enamel (Glow # 7 on Landsharkz chart)? Is it a nice orange or kind of "muddy"?

3. Glows: Are the glow enamels shown on Landsharkz chart all of the glow enamel possibilities?

4. When using translucent, glitters and glow enamels do they change the "feel" of a coin if previous enamels used on a coin were imitation hard enamels (smooth filled in and flush with the uppermost serface) or can you get the imitation hard enamel finish with translucents, glitters and glows?

CF30

Related to your questions 2 and 4 above:

Clearingthecamera194.jpg

The fish on the bottom right is Glow#7. To me, it feels faded, but I really like it. And boy does it glow!

The top two fish are glitter and translucent, and to me, they "feel" the same as the imitation hard enamel coin (bottom left), as does the glow. The enamels fill in smooth and flush.

Hope that helps-

moscow32

CF30

I think there was a nerd made in just about every glow there is! You might want to ask Tadepole if anyone used that one. She would be able to tell you who to contact. Glows require epoxy as do glitters. If you got the Creepy Crawler Cacher coin it is a great example of a glow coin. Mine is epoxy.

Translucents come in all the color families but they're not as many as there are pms colors. They come in both soft and Imitation hard enamel.

Hope that helps!

thinglitteringcolorsoy0.jpg

The pink circled thin glitter color above is very pearlescent. It isn't irridescent in any way, but the glitter is extremely fine. I had my geojelly done in that finish and I was, in the beginning, a bit disappointed that it looked more like a pearl than a glitter, but in the end I learned to appreciate and like it :)

Naomi :o

CF30

Avroairs nerd is done in glow #7.

Tranlucent enamels can be done in hard or soft enamel. Hard translucents will be smooth and can be put on the same coin as IHE and will be smooth and flush.

I think glitter and glow enamels need to have epoxy over them to get the smooth effect.

I always thought that translucent enamels had to be chosen from the color chart, but on a coin I am working on, I was told that any pms color can be done in translucent. I haven't seen samples yet, so I will see how it looks.

As far as I know, the only glow colors are the ones on the chart.

DSCN0144.jpg

Thanks for any help with these questions! :laughing:

CF30

With translucents, there are not as many options as with soft or imitation hard enamels.

Glow colors are very limited.

There are both soft enamel and imitation hard enamel options for glitter, translucent, and glow colors.

Yes, there are pearl colors. We used them on the Compass Catcher Coins