topo 2008 file set up question

spotter/g

I just got a 60csx, which I love, and topo 2008 as well. I'm on a mac, so I have the maps on my buddys PC. I haven't really been able to sit there and see what I can full do with it. What I am hoping I can do is great a file structure so that I could have all of Ohio in one and Indiana in another so that I could select on the GPSr which state I wanted to look at with just one map switch. I hope to just select the Ohio file, and not each map segment.

I hope that I have explained this correctly.

Thanks to everyone who helps. :o

I just got a 60csx, which I love, and topo 2008 as well. I'm on a mac, so I have the maps on my buddys PC. I haven't really been able to sit there and see what I can full do with it. What I am hoping I can do is great a file structure so that I could have all of Ohio in one and Indiana in another so that I could select on the GPSr which state I wanted to look at with just one map switch. I hope to just select the Ohio file, and not each map segment.

When Mapsource builds the map package file it puts it into the folder Garmin on your flash card. That package file is always named gmapsupp.img.

Since you can only have one file named gmapsupp.img in any one folder, you are limited to one file with at most 2025 map segments. There is a current thread on how to expand the 2025 limit.

The only workaround is to use multiple flash cards and load each with a unique gmapsupp.img file. Given your flash card hides under the batteries, not the most user friendly solution.

It's easy to turn on/off entire map sets within the GPSr, so why not just load all the maps you'll likely need: Topo, CN, Marine, etc and learn that procedure.