Difficulty 4.5 for Puzzle Caches -- what does it mean?

cregal

Is there some (official) definition of what "4.5" difficulty stars mean? When taking the definitions of 4 stars:

"Difficult. A real challenge for the experienced cache hunter - may require special skills or knowledge, or in-depth preparation to find. May require multiple days / trips to complete."

and for 5 stars:

"Extreme. A serious mental or physical challenge. Requires specialized knowledge, skills, or equipment to find cache."

primarily the question for *mandatory* special skills for 4.5 stars is unclear to me. Especially in case of Puzzles, can/should a cache get 4.5 (or even 5) stars, if it does not require specialized knowledge, but much (probably monotonic) work? Just for example: Calculating the mean coordinates of all caches from GC0000 to GC9999 (no worry, I'm not planning to create such a crazy cache :unsure:

Thanks,

Marc -- cregal.

I'm working on a cache with a difficulty of 4.5. I have to do math, yuk pooey- I had enough of that in school. Anyway there are three questions I have to solve. They go from easy to hard. I think I have the answers to the first two. I just need the answer to the hardest one. I need to figure the volume of a parallelepiped- Vectors? :lol: -Advanced calculus :lol: -Matrices :unsure: . I decided to do like a lot of other people did and get someone smarter to do the math for me.

Anyway that is an example of a 4.5 difficulty.