If There was a Geocaching TV channel....

JustKeely

What would be on it?

I think about this because I wish I could watch geocaching when I wasn't doing it.

These are my ideas:

1) EXTREME caching

2) GC history - first event, first cache, first TB type episodes

3) Where are they now? Trackable stories

4) Oldest caches - history, geography, interviews with cachers who've found them

5) Classic Music hour - scenes from in the field, beautiful cache sites, set to classical music

Any ideas out there? What would you want to watch?

Deal or No Deal with 26 ammo cans :drama:

The Amazing Race - with all tasks being geocache finds

24- using geocaches for sleeper cell communications as the story line.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Geocaches are planted that help the resistance fighters in the future.

Heroes - with someone who has a GPSr ability as their power.

Two and a half men - Charlie uses geocaching to get girls.

Friends - Phoebe places a geocache on the apartment balcony with disasterous results.

Knight Rider - KITT helps Michael get over 100,000 finds using the built-in GPS technology.

Extreme Makover home edition - Ty and the gang build a new house for a geocacher who is forever hunting geocaches and his house is falling apart.

TWIG - This week in Geocaching - hosted by Jeremy of Groundspeak

LPCs gone wild - a show about LPC hides

Travel America with arthurat - I travel the country to locations that are geocache friendly. Like Rachel Ray's tasty travels, but with geocaching as the focus.

All show ideas are the property of arthurat!

Edited by arthurat

Honestly, and ya'll know it.... you would never watch it if it was some fat, scraggly,old hippy dude (even if he could show you how to build a GPS from rocks,twigs and rabbit bones). But...if it was an eye-candy, bimbo TV hostess, who always looked and dressed like Lara Croft, you would cheer her on while she searches and crawls and bends over looking for that micro like it was the SuperBowl and you would probably TIVO it religously, no matter how lame or boring the show was (like a whole show about "why to put batteries in the way the little picture on the cover says..teehehehe "<--bimmer giggle). LOL

Edited by KidRipley

I picture something along the lines of MXC, with teams competing to find geocaches. Our cachers would have to face tumbling logs, pits full of mysterious mud-like sludge, and mazes full of traps while avoiding being pelted with rocks or whacked with long pointy sticks.

Come to think of it, I've been on a cache hunt or two that sounds like that...

What would be on it?

I think about this because I wish I could watch geocaching when I wasn't doing it.

These are my ideas:

1) EXTREME caching

2) GC history - first event, first cache, first TB type episodes

3) Where are they now? Trackable stories

4) Oldest caches - history, geography, interviews with cachers who've found them

5) Classic Music hour - scenes from in the field, beautiful cache sites, set to classical music

Any ideas out there? What would you want to watch?

Extreme caching! that could work. plenty of people are watching those survival shows. Why wouldn't they watch some guy climb Mt. Everest for a cache, or dive down in the Carrebbean.