City Nav and Topo on a 60CSx?

JetMonkey

I'm curious, can both City Navigator NT 2008 maps and Topo 2008 maps be loaded onto the micro SD card and viewed on a Garmin 60 CSx? No doubt each can be loaded onto the card separately and used but can they both be on the card at the same time and then switched back and forth to view on the GPS?

Thanks for the help,

JetMonkey

I'm curious, can both City Navigator NT 2008 maps and Topo 2008 maps be loaded onto the micro SD card and viewed on a Garmin 60 CSx? No doubt each can be loaded onto the card separately and used but can they both be on the card at the same time and then switched back and forth to view on the GPS?

Thanks for the help,

JetMonkey

Yes they can be loaded on the SD card at the same time, but you have to select from within the unit which maps you want to use.

Thanks for the help,

JetMonkey

The maps have to be loaded at the same time. On your computer, choose the Map Tiles you want from City Navigator, then, switch to the Topo maps. Now, choose the map tiles you want from Topo. Then, send all the maps to the GPSr at the same time. Everytime you send new maps to the GPS unit, it erases the previous maps.

On the GPS, when you are on the Map Screen, hit the Menu button. Choose the option on that screen that shows the name of the mapset. Hit the Menu button again. That gives you the option to Show or Hide maps.