Geocoin Feature Request

Team Snorkasaurus

I wish there was an option allowing Geocoins and TBs which are in the possession of their owner to be placed into "My Collection". This would remove the Geocoin/TB from showing up on the "My Inventory" listing without having to mark the item as missing. Perhaps it could be a subset of the "My Inventory" list?

I have a small collection of Geocoins which I own (not other cachers travelers!) and I do not plan to release them; unfortunately, they fill up the "My Inventory" list making it troublesome to see the other travelers on the list.

This function should not allow people to place other folks items into their "My Collection" list, only the items they actually own.

Is this feasible? Do others feel they would benefit from this function? Feedback welcomed!

:drama:

I think that's a great idea. I don't have a very larger collection but it does make it hard to go through and make sure I've dropped coins and TB's that I have moved. I do now some people have made a cache and archived it without it being reviewed and dumping their coins there. I also now some that drop them at an event they are attending and never pick them back up.

But I think a My collection would be nice, I don't know if it's feasable because of room on the page but a neat idea. I would like to see this idea move further forward.

I have created an unpublished cache to contain all the registered geocoins I keep for my own pleasure. It is just a new cache that will never be sent for approval. Then all you have to do is to drop your coins into your unpublished cache.

Works fine and now your coins for keep are not taking the space in your inventory.

73 de OH2TH

I think that's a great idea...

Thanks Parabola, I think so too!

:drama:

...I don't have a very larger collection but it does make it hard to go through and make sure I've dropped coins and TB's that I have moved. I do now some people have made a cache and archived it without it being reviewed and dumping their coins there. I also now some that drop them at an event they are attending and never pick them back up.

But I think a My collection would be nice, I don't know if it's feasable because of room on the page but a neat idea. I would like to see this idea move further forward.

I have created an unpublished cache to contain all the registered geocoins I keep for my own pleasure. It is just a new cache that will never be sent for approval. Then all you have to do is to drop your coins into your unpublished cache.

Works fine and now your coins for keep are not taking the space in your inventory...

I know folks who have done the very same thing, created a personal cache for their coins; however, it seems to me like an awkward work-around. Leaving coins (and TBs) logged into event caches continues to be a persistent issue, I am hoping that the "My Colletion" idea, if adopted, will help. I am not an experienced code-monkey (eeek-eeek!) and have no idea if this would be a reasonably easy function to implement or not.

[Edited to correct my fumbly-fingers typing!]

Edited by Team Snorkasaurus