Found this one, what is it?

ItsGForMe

FX - you mean stampingssssss, right?

Some practice on an old piece of metal would have been a good idea, in retrospect. I've got a set of stamps at work I'm going to borrow someday & play with.... probably won't do better on my first tries.

Edited by Klemmer & TeddyBearMama

Some practice on an old piece of metal would have been a good idea, in retrospect. I've got a set of stamps at work I'm going to borrow someday & play with.... probably won't do better on my first tries.

From seeing the other post about buying the stamps and such, I'm tempted now to get my own, just to play with. :drama: (Since, really, I shouldn't make fun of the stampingsssss, since I probably couldn't do any better.) :drama:

I have found that if you are stamping a cap on iron posts it is not uncommon for the die to bounce depending on the rigidity of the object it is resting on and give you multiple impressions. It can be very annoying. My memory may be incorrect, but my recollection is that was when you were working against a hard surface and it is possible that the pipe/cap itself recoiled. It probably wouldn't happen with a cap already set.

- jlw

From seeing the other post about buying the stamps and such, I'm tempted now to get my own, just to play with. :unsure: (Since, really, I shouldn't make fun of the stampingsssss, since I probably couldn't do any better.) :lol: