Colorado - Street Names

kezlu

Has anyone got street names to show up on the Colorado? I know they're in there, I see them on the same map with my 76cs. And if you hover the cursor they appear as map-tips. But I have not found any setting of the zoom levels or text size for Street Labels that makes them appear at any scale.

Has anyone got street names to show up on the Colorado? I know they're in there, I see them on the same map with my 76cs. And if you hover the cursor they appear as map-tips. But I have not found any setting of the zoom levels or text size for Street Labels that makes them appear at any scale.

This is my number one peeve with the Colorado. It is already listed in g.o.'s bug list, and I've contacted Garmin about it. This has got to be a bug. My nuvi and all my Garmin handhelds display the street names. I hope this is fixed in the next patch. The way I use (want to) use my Colorado, the display of street names is very important. This may be the same bug that keeps elevation numbers from appearing on the topo maps.

Street names are not showing on Colorado no matter what the map (even Topo maps have street names). I have Topo US 2008, Topo Canada and US Topo 24K National Parks, all these maps are showing street names on 76CSx as well as in MapSource.

Besides elevation contour numbers and street names, it also does not show creek and river names (not sure about lakes).

It is clearly a bug because names show up on other units as well as in MapSource. Also you can see street names in the quick start guide [did they 'doctor' the screenshot or did it work at some point?].

This is most annoying bug for me as well. It makes the unit next to useless in car because you don't have time to start panning to get cursor over the road or other terrain feature you want to 'decode'. When you are hiking or sitting in the passenger seat, you can get pointer over feature you want to 'reveal' name of, but then it switches to 'north up' which is rather disorienting.

Quite frankly, I can't understand how they could release the unit with such a horible bug in the software. We can only hope it will be fixed in next firmware update and that we will see it soon.

Edited by Tomas4x4

Believe you me, this issue is Garmin's #1 priority to get fixed with the illusive "next update", whenever that happens. I've been talking to a rather high-up tech guy at Garmin and he assures me that this is a MAJOR issue and that the update is getting pretty close. Supposedly the erratic clock operation is also a top priority according to him.

I've seen street names displayed for upcoming intersections, while autorouting, but not always

Just to echo this observation:

When autorouting, with CN2008 on my Colorado 400t - I DO see street names - pretty much always. Not just for the street I'm turning onto - but for adjacent and intersecting streets, as well.

Don't get me wrong: I absolutely agree with the severity of the 'bug', and am not disputing it's existence. Only commenting that under select circumstances, (at least my) Colorado is showing street labels.

Believe you me, this issue is Garmin's #1 priority to get fixed with the illusive "next update", whenever that happens. I've been talking to a rather high-up tech guy at Garmin and he assures me that this is a MAJOR issue and that the update is getting pretty close. Supposedly the erratic clock operation is also a top priority according to him.

It will be fixed, but to me it seems there are a few other things that ought to be taken care of with higher prioprity than the street names on the map screen. The clock being one, yes.