How can you find upcoming cache events in your area?

dibbg

How can you find upcoming cache events in your area?

Like if I want to search for upcoming events and CITO's near me and coming soon, how would I do that?

Premium Members can use a feature known as pocket queries to generate lists of any specific type of cache, including Event Caches, and CITO Events.

For those who aren't Premium Members, the Geocaching Event Calendar can be helpful (scroll to the bottom of the page to see the calendar).

Go to your account and select the list of new caches in your state

OK cool, I never noticed that.

Now is there a way to see how far away they are from me without clicking on each one?

Or a way to sort by distance?

I'd like to go to events within like 30 miles of me for example.

Now is there a way to see how far away they are from me without clicking on each one?

That's where becoming a premium has it's advantages as you can do a Pocket Query with just about any specific location or type you want.

Find one that is near you - try the top one on the list or one with the name of your town in in or something! , then under the map that will come up partway down it's cache page (not the little map at the side - the main one in the middle of the page) Under that click on "find nearby caches .... of this type. A new list will come up and they will be ordered by distance from the original cache that you were looking at. This method does mean that you have to find ONE that is near you to start off with.

Annie

If you have updated your "Home Coordinates" (just use your GPS to capture a waypoint while at home) you can use the Search for Nearest Cache "from your home coordinates" or "filter out finds" links and it will sort the results by distance. You can also the "Hide and Seek a cache" page and enter a town name or zipcode and the results will be sorted by distance. If fact, I don't believe it's possible to order the search results any other way.

On the Advanced Search Page, select Event Caches in the top box and your zipcode in the bottom box. Click the seek button. Browse the results, sorted by distance. Repeat for CITO Events. Attend events. Have fun. Repeat as necessary.