Ram Mounts for CO.

BiT

I need a new auto mount for my CO so I went to Ram Mounts and ordered one last Wednesday to Thursday. I got a confirmation email and that said it would 24-48 hours to process my order then it would be shipped. Well, I came home yesterday to find an email from another online merchant that Ram Mounts farmed the order out to. Yes, farmed out! It stated that there is an exception on my order. The following items are not yet available from Ram: HOLGA27. That is the holding bracket for the CO. They have them listed on their website but have not shipped them out yet. They will be available as pre orders only.

The online merchant that my order was farmed out to will gladly hold my order until they arrive. Ram's estimate of the timing is: MARCH 26.

First I was a little displeased that Ram Mounts made no indication that they are not the direct merchant. I thought I was dealing with Ram Mounts directly.

Second, they have all the mounts listed for the CO and able to purchase but you will not get them until March 26.

I need a new auto mount for my CO so I went to Ram Mounts and ordered one last Wednesday to Thursday. I got a confirmation email and that said it would 24-48 hours to process my order then it would be shipped. Well, I came home yesterday to find an email from another online merchant that Ram Mounts farmed the order out to. Yes, farmed out! It stated that there is an exception on my order. The following items are not yet available from Ram: HOLGA27. That is the holding bracket for the CO. They have them listed on their website but have not shipped them out yet. They will be available as pre orders only.

The online merchant that my order was farmed out to will gladly hold my order until they arrive. Ram's estimate of the timing is: MARCH 26.

First I was a little displeased that Ram Mounts made no indication that they are not the direct merchant. I thought I was dealing with Ram Mounts directly.

Second, they have all the mounts listed for the CO and able to purchase but you will not get them until March 26.

Yeah, I had the same issue, ticked me off.

However, I had already ordered the Garmin one ( I wanted both to compare ) and received the Garmin one a day later. I think that the Garmin one is really nice and sleek looking, see my pics on the Calgary board.

Get the garmin mount then use the Garmin --> RAM universal converter. (just an option)

Do you have a link for the converter?

I think this will work: http://www.expressmounts.com/item-ram-moun.../ramholga11.htm

It may go the wrong way. I know they make it though.

I used this one for my Garmin ( GPSr holder )/Ram ( suction cup ) mount for my 60CSx. I think that I checked it against the Garmin Colorado mount and it didn't work - one of the pieces ( probably the inner ) was too wide.

What are some of the website other than the ones listed that you can get mounts for the Colorado, that actually have them now, or will we have to wait until march 28th to get an auto mount or any other for that fact, wheather it be the Garmin brand or others Please let me know.

Edited by snowyaker1

What are some of the website other than the ones listed that you can get mounts for the Colorado, that actually have them now, or will we have to wait until march 28th to get an auto mount or any other for that fact, wheather it be the Garmin brand or others Please let me know.

It looks like the Garmin automotive kit is still available at GPS Now, and still at a good price.

When I went to Rams website a week ago it said preorder giving a do date in march. So today I preordered one from gpscity. I takes time to develop a product and bring it to market. I found ram to be upfront about it. I emailed them before the colorado was even out and they gave a good estimate then as well.

When I went to Rams website a week ago it said preorder giving a do date in march. So today I preordered one from gpscity. I takes time to develop a product and bring it to market. I found ram to be upfront about it. I emailed them before the colorado was even out and they gave a good estimate then as well.

I also have the RAM on order ( just the GPS holder, I have the rest ) but am very happy with the Garmin mount, a nice and sleek-looking mount. I'm looking forward to trying out the RAM mount though, it looks interesting.

When I got my Colorado 300 last month, I immediately ordered the R.A.M. mount from cyclegadgets.com knowing that it was on backorder from R.A.M. until March. When I saw that R.A.M. had them on their site, I thought "Hey, cancel the other one and get it here!" Glad I checked the forums -- someone had already been through what y'all are describing above, with the mount on backorder and R.A.M. passing off orders to a another vendor.

For those unfamiliar with R.A.M. mounts, if they sell a mount for it, you can mount it on anything. If they don't have a mount and you can attach one of their balls or bases to your device, you are still in luck. Once you have a working base and arm in / on your vehicle, all you need is the device mount.

I've got one large mount on the seat base in my van that will hold a laptop or one of the two police scanners I have. The XM receiver is mounted on one, and I have a suction cup mount for the GPS or tablet PC as heeded. I also have one of those gag noisemakers called a Redneck Horn I made a mount for to destress in rush-hour traffic. With the exception of the devices that use the large mount, I can stick any of this stuff on my motorcyle or bicycle within a minute.

If I mount everything in the van at once, I can wardrive, geocache, listen to the satellite radio and watch a movie all at the same time.

I got a package from the RAM reseller today, I got a weighted dash base, and a couple quick disconnects for a 60CSx and Triton 2000 cradle. No instructions, but everything went together and works quite well! The modular system is pretty clever. I can easily trade between the GPS's. It's my first experience with RAM, and I'm already looking at using it with a Ham radio head for APRS, and the idea of something I could toss under the seat was a selling point. --Bob

I also have the RAM on order ( just the GPS holder, I have the rest ) but am very happy with the Garmin mount, a nice and sleek-looking mount. I'm looking forward to trying out the RAM mount though, it looks interesting.

Yes, I only ordered the GPS Cradle as well. I already have the short arm, suction cup base, and a ball mounted to my snomobile dash. I get my colorado 400T today. I hope the ram is not to far behind. Does the unit come with the garmin mount or did you buy one?

Yes, I only ordered the GPS Cradle as well. I already have the short arm, suction cup base, and a ball mounted to my snomobile dash. I get my colorado 400T today. I hope the ram is not to far behind. Does the unit come with the garmin mount or did you buy one?

I bought the Garmin mount separately from gpsnow.com.