Found my first cache today!

craab

Well, after buying a Garmin Vista HCx off a buddy who had an extra, I went and found my first cache with my buddy today.

We first went after one in a wooded area near Rudee Inlet in VA Beach, VA to no avail.

We searched the area for about an hour - but just could not find it.

Then we went after another, easier cache located at the Cavalier Hotel - a historic landmark in VA Beach - it's a castle-like hotel that was built in the 1920s.

Cache only took a few minutes to find - but was my first taste of success!

Had a blast - may go after another one tonight near my condo.

Loads o'fun!

Edited by craab

I am still looking for my first cache. I went looking a couple of days ago near my house thinking I would start local then branch myself out was we travel. I could not understand how a cache could posibly be where my GPS took me. It was a back desolate road, No where at all to pull over and the area that is wooded started with a ditch infront of it that would not enable entry no matter how you climbed the terrain. So I am thinking I am a big baby complaining. On both sides of the cache where you could cross over were fenced private homes marked no trespassing. Very disappointed. I decided to forget that one and downloaded a couple of more. I am always up for a challenge but I was so disappointed.

It sounds like a *lovely* first cache to find! Congratulations!

And I'll tell you now: your other DNF (did not find) won't be your last one, either. Log it as a DNF, though, just to record your attempts. Later you may go back and find it after all!

Welcome to geocaching and the joys of both finds ... and lack thereof!

Jeannette (angevine)