2008 Greenback Personal Geocoin/Hummingbird Suncatcher

Greenback

I finally took the leap and had a personal coin made. The inspiration is from a Ruby Throated Hummingbird photograph I took years ago and which I've used in other signature items.

I worked with Rusty at personalgeocoins.com and used the translucent enamel similar to the dragon fly coins.

They came in the mail a week or so ago and I just finished listing a few on ebay.

28c1c901-c7c6-462b-974a-c8712baef5b2.jpg48f7e91c-52b3-4269-a247-65d5e2b0e226.jpg

The second photo is my effort at photographing the coin with back lighting.

Here are a few details about the coin specifications:

1.75 inch diameter

3.0mm thickness

See through *transparent enamel - hummingbird & flowers

laser engraving

Antique Silver finish

Trackable on geocaching.com

Unique icon

Unactivated & Uncirculated

If you're interested in seeing the unique icon you can visit my trackable items.

I love the coin! I have a hummingbird feeder that I keep out during the summer months on my deck and just love watching them buzz around. Especially when I'm sitting out there and they come over to check me out. I would definitley be interested in purchasing or trading for one. :ph34r:

Thanks for the positive comments! At this time I do not plan to trade the coins as I'm not really a coin collector, though I have a few. My objective is to sell enough to offset some of the cost of having them made. I've had them made in two colors and after I've sold some of the antique silver I'll sell some of the limited edition antigue gold.

I finally took the leap and had a personal coin made. The inspiration is from a Ruby Throated Hummingbird photograph I took years ago and which I've used in other signature items.

I worked with Rusty at personalgeocoins.com and used the translucent enamel similar to the dragon fly coins.

They came in the mail a week or so ago and I just finished listing a few on ebay.

28c1c901-c7c6-462b-974a-c8712baef5b2.jpg48f7e91c-52b3-4269-a247-65d5e2b0e226.jpg

The second photo is my effort at photographing the coin with back lighting.

Here are a few details about the coin specifications:

1.75 inch diameter

3.0mm thickness

See through *transparent enamel - hummingbird & flowers

laser engraving

Antique Silver finish

Trackable on geocaching.com

Unique icon

Unactivated & Uncirculated

If you're interested in seeing the unique icon you can visit my trackable items.

Do you have any more of the humming bird coin available for purchase?

Do you have any more of the humming bird coin available for purchase?

I have about 75 left and I'm using them primarily as prizes for events which I host. I've sold two on ebay this year and I'll sell one now and then on ebay. You can watch for the sales by anduril*