Underworld Series

keehotee

Again? Some people are gluttons for punishment, hehe. Whoever does go down the bonus cave cache next needs to take a nice small hooked stick so they can fish out the green jeeps that have slipped out of reach (they were there last time I looked at the cache page anyway - sorry if they've since been retrieved). There were four of them in there at one point last summer.

I'm up for it Tim.

I'm the same as you I do 99% of my caching solo. The other 1% with my 4 year old daughter

I've done 2 of them so far solo, Donkey Hole & Elford's Hideout. Which are no problem on your own.

Let me know if you want to do some more. (But not till it gets warmer and drier)

Edited by Snells Pace

You may have trouble with: The height of darkness....

Do you know if there are any "arrangements" for getting in there?

MrsB

Gated caves are usually only accessible to people with a valid BCRA insurance card, and require permission to enter, which is usually limited to only a few visits a year. Forcing entry (this would include opening bolt locks with a spanner) can constitute a criminal offence in some circumstances.

MrsB

Gated caves are usually only accessible to people with a valid BCRA insurance card, and require permission to enter, which is usually limited to only a few visits a year. Forcing entry (this would include opening bolt locks with a spanner) can constitute a criminal offence in some circumstances.

Save the sermon,it wasn't requested

MrsB

Save the sermon,it wasn't requested

I was not making a sermon; I was saying a fact. Save the flame war please!

If caching wants to bring itself into the bad books, in the eyes of bodies such as, English Nature, National Park Authorities and Bat protection groups, then you carry on and ignore locked or restricted areas, others might just want to protect this hobby, you might want to remember that there is no president for setting a cache.

Edited by Moote

You may have trouble with: The height of darkness.

664e671a-35f3-44ea-97a7-241ef33cae2d.jpg

This isn't a gate as it has been suggested but a very clever device to save cachers a lot of wasted time and effort. It is in fact a handy template - if you can fit through one of the slots in the template then you are good to proceed. However if you are unable to post yourself through one of the slots forget it, you are too large for the tight squeezes with the caverns and tunnels ahead :o

664e671a-35f3-44ea-97a7-241ef33cae2d.jpg

This isn't a gate as it has been suggested but a very clever device to save cachers a lot of wasted time and effort. It is in fact a handy template - if you can fit through one of the slots in the template then you are good to proceed. However if you are unable to post yourself through one of the slots forget it, you are too large for the tight squeezes with the caverns and tunnels ahead :o

Ohhhhhhh... well, I'll be OK then! :P:P:P:)

MrsB :)

Edited to add extra :o smiley to ensure that this post is taken in the correct spirit :)

Edited by The Blorenges
:o I have seen a few bats in there and i mean very few,cannot understand why there is a gate as this small cave is in a very obscure place and even a few cachers have not found the entrance without help.There are more bats in some of the other underworld caves but as long as quiet and careful i cannot see a problem!!!

:o I have seen a few bats in there and i mean very few,cannot understand why there is a gate as this small cave is in a very obscure place and even a few cachers have not found the entrance without help.There are more bats in some of the other underworld caves but as long as quiet and careful i cannot see a problem!!!

Depends on the type of bat.

Looks fun we are in cornwall later this year but a bit further down than this hoping to do this cache and having read the logs nutter can i borrow your guide book please ??

Depends on the type of bat.

Looks fun we are in cornwall later this year but a bit further down than this hoping to do this cache and having read the logs nutter can i borrow your guide book please ??

Thats a great cache and remember it well,went down with a few of the locals and there were a few kids there also who completed it. there are usually quite a few climbers ascending the cliff near the cache.

Most of the bats in the underworld series are the more common pipistrell bat and not the horseshoe and is deff poss to go in and not disturb them and there are no bats in the final,mind you who would blame them!!!! :)

This isn't a gate as it has been suggested but a very clever device to save cachers a lot of wasted time and effort. It is in fact a handy template - if you can fit through one of the slots in the template then you are good to proceed. However if you are unable to post yourself through one of the slots forget it, you are too large for the tight squeezes with the caverns and tunnels ahead :anicute:

Just in case anyone is unsure of the scale of that gate, here is Cachemad in the entrance. It's a tight squeeze!

b7796d8f-b81d-4ce7-ac6e-75a9a938321a.jpg

This isn't a gate as it has been suggested but a very clever device to save cachers a lot of wasted time and effort. It is in fact a handy template - if you can fit through one of the slots in the template then you are good to proceed. However if you are unable to post yourself through one of the slots forget it, you are too large for the tight squeezes with the caverns and tunnels ahead :D

Just in case anyone is unsure of the scale of that gate, here is Cachemad in the entrance. It's a tight squeeze!

b7796d8f-b81d-4ce7-ac6e-75a9a938321a.jpg

Well that photo has reminded me why theres no chance of me ever doing this series. Somewhere like the Beast was no problem but small enclosed spaces!!! No chance

Would someone mind telling me where this cave is, or what cache is associated with it. Can't wait to get in there!

The last pictures are of the cave where Underworld 8 (Bonus) is sited. To find this one you need to have found seven other Underworld caches (UW1, UW2,...... UW7), all set by Willdebeast. All caches are in Devon, either on Dartmoor or to the south of the moor towards the coast (ish, I can't recall exactly as we did 7 of them in one long day and it was a long time ago).

The bonus cache is in my Top 10 list, and if I had a Top 1 list, it would be in it too.