Release any new bugs lately?

BlueDeuce

We released "She's Da Bomb!" earlier this year and she recently made it to Saudi Arabia and back to the U.S. (thanks Super Scott)!

Another favorite is a TB we made from a gift coin created by cacher Dragonfly Dreams. We found it in a cache, made the Dragonfly TB, and released it in August.

The joy and fun of sharing with others and watching where they go is worth the frustration of the ones that don't make it.

We (me and my wife and my son) released our first set of travel bugs. We each have one and we are trying to do a TB race with each other. Though I have not yet done a link through a message here I am going to try so you can see them.

If This Bus Is A Rocking...

Cole's Crime Fighting Machine

Melissa's Fast Track Around The World

These are our very first bugs and they have yet to move lol. In all fairness it has not been that long. We actually have them in a travelbug hotel by the local jetport so they will hopefully get some good mileage.

Edited by CLV3

I have nearly 100 unactivated TB tags thiat I have interesting plans for if I can finish my little project BEFORE GW7.

I also have one very special large TB planned for release sometime soon called: Extreme Ironing. Google that term for a laugh.... It might even be more fun than my Refrigerator Door TB.

03f169ed-12f5-4ef6-b6d1-7450ad2537c2.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the Hulk or Lil' Sprout really ticked off that I pierced his belly-button. :)

We are very happy to say we did - and we're hoping this one is "lost/stolen proof"

We took into account all the suggestions that have been made - and "NO Caches for me" was born - horns and all.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1723314

5fb95f19-282d-4780-b624-f9f9cc5c889f.jpg

We went to the event last weekend not sure who we would set him free and who should be there but NBJPoppa - we know he'll have a safe start..

Now if this one happens to get misplaced we'll be back to the drawing board and sending off gps dots attached to the creatures

I just created my first travel bug last night and look to put it out into circulation within the next couple of days. I am a huge military history buff and I created the bug in the hopes it could travel the world and make stops at as many historical military monuments/museums/ etc across the world. I also hope the people completing these missions will take pictures of the places it has gone to so I can add to my "geocaching scrapbook"

The Dogs of War

c8cac915-395d-4ab0-9559-bb43bd24c4b6.jpg

Edited by cwelt

Just so you know, you don't want to post photos showing the tracking number. There are bad people out there who will improperly log your bug, possibly moving it to a cache somewhere east of here. You can use Microsoft paint to smudge out the number.

Good call.. thx for the tip :anibad:

Good call.. thx for the tip :anibad:

Thank you. I can now look at your bug without that little bit of worry. Silly but true.

Very much appreciated from my part... glad there is such caring members here to help a guy out when he makes a mistake. Hope it has a long life and can visit so many of the places I hope to one day go myself :blink:

I have made a trackable out of the moustache that I'm growing for movember to raise awarenes of prostrate cancer. Can as many people log this as possible that would be cool, pass the code on to as many cachers as you know.

Ray.H's Movember Moustache: cbpt7y

I had my goatee for 10 years and now my chin feels weird, please can people log this as discovered to support My cause.

Just released my first bug in Minnesota! Norm's Little Story is a book on our family history. Its goal is to travel around America before I send him looking for it. I'd link it, but I'm kinda stupid about these fancy-dancy computers.

Go to your bug page and copy the url link at the top. Click reply in this thread, look at the little icons above where you type in your response and clink the symbol of the earth with the two chain links (right next to the underlined A). Paste in the url link, click OK. Enter in the name, click Okay.

Submit your post

Norm's little story

Today it was a litle bit cold outside. A good excuse to stay inside and prepare some bugs and coins.

One of the tb is entering the Great TB race 2009 is in that specific post.

Another TB was won in a contest.

When i just started geocaching, suddenly a penguin apperead at the river at the end of our garden. She nearly got attacked by our cat. I had to find a shelter for her. Luckely there was a cache called penguinshelter. before i good bring here over she delivered a penguin baby. So I brought them both to the shelter. They became the number 1 favorite and in return i was rewarded a TB. Unfortunately I could not send this penguin traveling because she is too fragile. One of her friends offered to take her place.

So here is the TB. I could not resist to put on some of my new path tags and some x-mas reindeer

fc457468-c1b5-4c79-bf38-6d8a60d6740b.jpg

For more pictures of the penguin you can visit the log

I have a couple of mine to mention.

I released "The Stuff on a Chain TB (TBZ6QB) in June 2006. I just strung a bunch of trade items onto the bead chain that came with the TB tags, registered it, and turned it loose with instructions to add stuff if you want to, and take something if it really strikes your fancy. Lots of people added stuff, and the chain got pretty crowded, I was told.

Then GolfingDiva, a new cacher, found it in a cache, and thought that she was supposed to take just the aluminum TB tag, but not the whole string o' goodies. She registered the find online. A few days later, another cacher (TeamHandStand) said he found the string of stuff in the cache, but with no TB tag. He offered to make a replacement one if I would send him the numbers for it. I put 2 and 2 together, and put the 2 of them in touch with each other. And since the string was so crowded, I sent a new TB tag to Teamhandstand, who split the loot with GolfingDiva. GolfingDiva took The Stuff on a Chain TB home to Maryland and released it, and Teamhandstand released the new TB, Son of Stuff on a Chain TB, in Wisconsin.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=489100 - father

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1243784 - son

Ralfcoder

Here's the story:

We were out doing some snow-caching, and at the final of a four-part multi, we found a small photograph of a little boy. On the back of it was written: "I'm Scott Eckelschot. Bring me home to Holland. -- Dweez"

We picked it up and ....

That post/idea was so great I remembered it recently had a chance to copy it almost verbatim

Last week, I found a TB tag with nothing on the chain and was concerned. Contacted the owner and found that Shep's Surprise was for his new grandson (Oct 2008), but when the tag was released he was too new to really know how to release one. I asked him if we could add his picture so no one else would worry about a missing TB. He agreed, sent me a pic, I laminated it. Now everyone can see what a cute baby he is! P.S. I added the vintage Spaceman for fun.

56020b01-cd31-4746-a9e1-5ce0fb55fa81.jpg

thanks for the neat idea!

Here's the story:

We were out doing some snow-caching, and at the final of a four-part multi, we found a small photograph of a little boy. On the back of it was written: "I'm Scott Eckelschot. Bring me home to Holland. -- Dweez"

We picked it up and ....

That post/idea was so great I remembered it recently had a chance to copy it almost verbatim

Last week, I found a TB tag with nothing on the chain and was concerned. Contacted the owner and found that Shep's Surprise was for his new grandson (Oct 2008), but when the tag was released he was too new to really know how to release one. I asked him if we could add his picture so no one else would worry about a missing TB. He agreed, sent me a pic, I laminated it. Now everyone can see what a cute baby he is! P.S. I added the vintage Spaceman for fun.

56020b01-cd31-4746-a9e1-5ce0fb55fa81.jpg

thanks for the neat idea!

Nice! :)

The "Scott" TB has been moving around quite a bit recently. This summer he went from MA to NY, and then someone gave him a lift to Germany. He bounced around Germany and Luxembourg for a bit, and is currently touring France. He'll reach Holland one of these days! :)

Recently, I've released three bugs of which I'm pretty proud:

4589a6c8-aaa7-42a6-981b-88b8e7fc3d38.jpg

Jackalgirl's Science Fiction Book Club: Lightning

4735c646-e675-49c8-847e-122d37824447.jpg

Jackalgirl's Science Fiction Book Club: Other Times Than Peace

c22a3b98-8691-47ea-a911-f8db6c88a5da.jpg

Jackalgirl's Science Fiction Book Club: The Trouble With Aliens

They're books with holes drilled in them and the dog chain left long so that the tag can also serve as a bookmark. I know that this is not particularly original but they sure were fun to make (except when I burned my finger on the dremel's bit because I accidentally touched it after drilling one of the holes. Ouch!).

I made them for the MAGC Forward Members event this past Valentine's Day.

As a part of a birthday mission over in the geocoins forum, I received a cool little metal puzzle and a TB tag from Queenie-Boo-Bay. She suggested that after I was done with the puzzle, I might consider attaching the tag to it and releasing it to frustrate other fellow geocachers. I though this was a terrific idea, so I give you:

THE TERRIBLE TWO-TABBED TIME TETHER

2c49d918-b40e-44fe-90be-823758dba852.jpg

The awkward alliteration is due to the fact that Queenie also gave me a Steelers "Terrible Towel", which I had to work into the picture. I haven't actually released this one into the wild yet but will as soon as I can organize another outing with the family.

With it being cold and snowy here in Michigan I've mailed out a bunch of TBs to be released in warmer climates. Here are my two most recent ones: The Dead Presidents TB ($1, 2nd one released) and then theres Barack Obama TB (#1) . I need to get off my tail and order another TB and then locate a $10 bill that is in good condition so I can laminate it and send it out so my Dead Presidents TB series will then be complete. If my Dead Presidents TBs survive for quite a while then I may extend it to include a $20 bill, but that will definitely be the highest I go with this series. Thanks for the interesting thread. It's fun to check out other peoples travelers. Happy caching everybody!!! :laughing:

There are some neat bug ideas here! I especially like the book TB by Jackalgirl. :unsure:

Here is my newest TB, The Traveling Pathtag Trader Bug. It'll be released into the wild soon, I'm waiting on my new pathtags to get here so I can send it out stocked. :o I haven't posted a photo yet either since it's just the chain, a dog tag, and a couple of pathtags. Hopefully people will have fun with it!

There are some neat bug ideas here! I especially like the book TB by Jackalgirl. :)

Here is my newest TB, The Traveling Pathtag Trader Bug. It'll be released into the wild soon, I'm waiting on my new pathtags to get here so I can send it out stocked. ;) I haven't posted a photo yet either since it's just the chain, a dog tag, and a couple of pathtags. Hopefully people will have fun with it!

Hum, that is a smart one! Unfortunately their are not many pathtags in Holland :unsure:

I have found a Tb which is collecting shopping cart coins and it is working quite well. A lot of cachers added such a coin to it!

shopping cart TB

Hum, that is a smart one! Unfortunately their are not many pathtags in Holland :)

I have found a Tb which is collecting shopping cart coins and it is working quite well. A lot of cachers added such a coin to it!

shopping cart TB

You could still get a prize for moving it though! And the rumor is, there will be at least 1 shiny little metal thing in each prize pack. Some may be trackable, some won't. :unsure:

I can't read the logs on the one you posted so I have to ask, what is a shopping cart coin?

I have just released #63 (that's right 63) based on characters in the movie "Cars". This one is called "CARS" - Mrs. King. She's Dinoco King's wife. I've had a lot of fun with this series, at first thought there would be maybe 10 or 12, I now believe at present there could be 120 different ones. I'm a victim of Disney/Pixar marketing. The bugs are all over the planet but sadly I think at last count there is about 20 that I have marked as missing with several of questionable status. Will I continue? -- of course! Check them out they are all named "CARS" - (name). :D

I have a few TB tags laying around and while I go shopping I keep an eye out for little nick nacks to attach one to and found the perfect one! I'm not sure if this has been done before or not, and in a way I kinda think it would be cool to be the first one to think of this. I know that can't be though cause it makes to much sence and Caching has been going on for some time now. Anyway here it is, The Micro Bug Please let me know what you think.

Edited by The Lazy Sunbathers

This is news to me! Is it unethical to leave the number or can someone steal it? Please advise. Thnx

Posting the tracking number can result in virtual logging. This is consider abuse of the system and can result in the bug being locked down permanently, even if it was inadvertently provided.

People do look for these numbers and will move them into caches half way around the world or list them on sites so many people can log the TB.

This does happen and bugs do get locked. Trust me.

This is news to me! Is it unethical to leave the number or can someone steal it? Please advise. Thnx

Posting the tracking number can result in virtual logging. This is consider abuse of the system and can result in the bug being locked down permanently, even if it was inadvertently provided.

People do look for these numbers and will move them into caches half way around the world or list them on sites so many people can log the TB.

This does happen and bugs do get locked. Trust me.

That sucks! It really urks me that people would ruin that for you! Thank you so much for helping me out before something like that happened to me! I owe you one!

I released my first TB Hank the Snake on Feb. 14 (yep, Valentines Day!) at the Veterens Lake Trail cache in Sulphur OK. He hasn't traveled very far yet. I really like TBs so I'm hoping to release some more soon. I also like finding 'em. It's so cool to see where they have been! :D

Edited by PorscheSpyder

Back when I was in eighth grade (7 years ago) our class made mummified apples..... The process took forever we had to put the apples in extremely dry powder for 5 months. Before I mummified my apple, i carved a face into it and shoves erasers in the eyes. 5 months later It was completely mummified and very dry. I hope to make a travel bug out of it and have it travel to Egypt. But it will take alot of guts to transport or even pick up a mummified apple. :laughing: