Arndtwe

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Nobody own's local areas.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear in what I am looking for. I would like to know if there is a website with maps of local area, and if the maps would show property boundaries. Lets say I live in Decatur Illinois, I would like to get a map that shows fairly detailed stuff, like areal shots of the area that show houses and such. Does this make sense?

I would like to get a map that shows fairly detailed stuff, like areal shots of the area that show houses and such. Does this make sense?

Google earth might be your best bet for aerial shots showing houses.

For property lines, Your best bet is to go to the internet website for the county you are interested in for GIS plat maps. My county has an interactive map that allows you to click on city lots (or any parcel) to get the owner and tax info, which is public data. :blink: Does this make sense?

Just google the county you're interested in, e.g. "Wabash County, Indiana"

Edited by Earthdog Patrick

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Nobody own's local areas.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear in what I am looking for. I would like to know if there is a website with maps of local area, and if the maps would show property boundaries. Lets say I live in Decatur Illinois, I would like to get a map that shows fairly detailed stuff, like areal shots of the area that show houses and such. Does this make sense?

You'll want a Plat map for legal boundaries. We get one free every year. Try Farm and Home Publishers.