TOTAL ROOKIE

rookieraes

OK... I GOT THE GARMAN 60CSX, LOADED THE TRIP & WAYPOINT MANAGER ON TO MY LAPTOP, THEN I LOADED THE CITY NAVIGATOR CD.

WHAT THE HECK COMES NEXT. I WOULD LOVE TO GET SOME CACHES LOADED ON MY GPS SO THAT I CAN TAKE THE KIDS GEOCACHING TOMORROW BUT I CANT FIGURE IT OUT.

IS THERE A PLACE I CAN GO TO GET A STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO GET STARTED

OK... I GOT THE GARMAN 60CSX, LOADED THE TRIP & WAYPOINT MANAGER ON TO MY LAPTOP, THEN I LOADED THE CITY NAVIGATOR CD.

WHAT THE HECK COMES NEXT. I WOULD LOVE TO GET SOME CACHES LOADED ON MY GPS SO THAT I CAN TAKE THE KIDS GEOCACHING TOMORROW BUT I CANT FIGURE IT OUT.

Hey man, I am a geocaching newbie also - I can tell you though, that on internet forums like this one - typing in all caps is considered "yelling" - just a heads-up.

All the best!

Edited by craab

Hey man, I am a geocaching newbie also - I can tell you though, that on internet forums like this one - typing in all caps is considered "yelling" - just a heads-up.

All the best!

Thanks

If you are still having problems, you could manually enter the coords for a few caches onto your unit for your trial run tomorrow. Just search for caches close to your home, pull up the cache description, and follow the instructions in your manual to input a waypoint.

Have fun with your new toy!!

Did you actually load maps into your GPS or just install the software. If not. you have to select maps segments that you wish to install onto your gps and then send them over. If you have purchased a memory card you can send over quite a few segments. I believe the limit is 2024 segments. I have a 1 gig card and have everything west of the Mississippi river and Topo maps for my home state of Idaho plust part or Wyoming, Utah, and Montana, and I still have some room left.

I would suggest becoming a premium member and creating a pocket querie of the area you wish to geocache in. I havd 2 queries that run each week. The maximum number of caches it will run is 500. I have one that contains 500, and a 2nd that contains 450. I do this so there will be room enough left on my GPS to mark my parking places and in case I am doing a multi cache and need to add addtional waypoints. Remember your GPS will only hold 1000 waypoints at a time.

I use EasyGPS to download the waypoints to my GPS. Don't forget to clear out all the old waypoints first.

Another great idea for loading caches is a program called Geocaching Swiss Army Knife, or GSAK for short. You can find a link through google or through geocaching.com in the software section.

You filter out the caches you want, and send them to the GPS, easy as pie.

Good Luck.

I am having trouble exporting caches into my Colorado 400T. I have download GSAK, but it doesn't recognize the garmin colorado. Any suggestions?