Around the world in 80 ways

Discombob

There is one thing that is constant. Ho-Humm was picked up by a german couple who have disapeared of the face of the earth! :unsure: What part of "this bug is in a race - please move along quickly" do they not understand? :blink:

anlufu - I'm terribly sorry, but I just could not help laughing at your comment!! :( I certainly hope that you can get hold of them soon and put some fire under them! Look on the bright side though, DB will be giving you another 25 bonus points soon if you cannot find them. :)

Good luck with your international expedition to locate your german couple.

Edited by cincol

Well,here are the scores as at 14th April, exactly 2 months into the race, with Diepiennars coin over 100 points in the lead!

1 - 492 DiePienaars TFTC Geocoin

2 - 380 Stars & Stripes

3 - 355 Little Nokia

4 - 309 Pooks Shell-Struck

5 - 298 Hamlet

6 - 279 Dewald's Racing Audi TT

7 - 268 Pooks Chameleon

8 - 255 Theres a hole in my Bug-ket

9 - 236 Remy the Rat from the Cape

10 - 224 Load Shedder

11 - 211 Doobie the Camel

12 - 173 Dewald's Racing Hummer

13 - 100 Ho-Humm

14 - 61 Bolivian Bob

15 - 61 CYBER VOORTREKKER

16 - 60 Feng Shui Compass Geocoin

Notes:

No points this time for Bolivian Bob, Load Shedder, Dewalds Racing Hummer, There's a hole in my bug-ket, Dewalds Racing Audi

Hamlet has made it to italy

DiePienaars geocoin has moved from OZ to NZ

Dewalds Racing Hummer, There's a hole in my bug-ket - These TB's were placed in The Far North, and retreived by same cacher, so have not scored for this cache yet, will calculate when Scuba Dog places it next cache

Ho-humm - gets 25 points for dormancy (should have added this last time - sorry)

There's a hole in my bug-ket, Stars and stripes - updated 25 points for Amabokkobokko, as it has been approved as (mostly) acceptable Zulu

Little Nokia - has been moved by iPajero 3 times and cannot score points for iPajero move again

FYI - Pooks shell struck has visited "TB Hotel letiste Ruzyne"

Letiste Ruzyne is a town and is a czech word. This TB has scored for a town already, so can't get those points, and can't get points for being a foreign language either, as TB Hotel is English, so the cache name does not count as being a foreign language - sorry!

Edited by Discombob

Well, Carlstein, i have tried the google docs, so here is the link to the latest score sheet

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pM3...NoFt0qKjSYvThBg

I don't think its so great though, as you can't click on a field and see the contents in the box up top.

What does everyone prefer. that I email or use this link?

Do both of not too much trouble - if I had to choose only one, it would be the email as it is important to see the comments boxes.

One could also FTP the Excel file to a website (maybe the geocachingranking website). As an example I have saved the previous update here

Edited by the pooks

Imagine how it feels for the man running this race and his TB is not moving much at all... What is a conspiracy or something.... The cache it is in is not that hard to get to... It is almost a roadside cache, just gotta find out where heee....heeee....

Imagine how it feels for the man running this race and his TB is not moving much at all... What is a conspiracy or something.... The cache it is in is not that hard to get to... It is almost a roadside cache, just gotta find out where heee....heeee....

yes, remember folks, the race organizer might just feel very favorable to folks who help his poor TB along ;)

Hey All

Well, 2 weeks have passed, and here are the latests scores. I have added a column which shows the number of points gained from last score:

Position - score - change - name

1 - 511 - 19 - DiePienaars TFTC Geocoin

2 - 380 - 0 - Stars & Stripes

3 - 370 - 91 - Dewald's Racing Audi TT

4 - 365 - 10 - Little Nokia

5 - 352 - 54 - Hamlet

6 - 325 - 57 - Pooks Chameleon

7 - 318 - 9 - Pooks Shell-Struck

8 - 272 - 48 - Load Shedder

9 - 264 - 28 - Remy the Rat from the Cape

10 - 255 - 0 - Theres a hole in my Bug-ket

11 - 211 - 0 - Doobie the Camel

12 - 173 - 0 - Dewald's Racing Hummer

13 - 130 - 70 - Feng Shui Compass Geocoin

14 - 125 - 25 - Ho-Humm

15 - 86 - 25 - Bolivian Bob

16 - 71 - 10 - CYBER VOORTREKKER

Notes:

I have added the 10 points for SA provinces. the 10 points can also be scored for USA and Canada states, and Australia as well - I won't be doing this for european countries, so don't ask :lol:)

Your first province in Sa wont score, and neither will your 1st stae in the other countries, as you are already getting country points for that.

No TB has yet managed to visit more than 2 SA provinces!

Well done to Dewalds Racing Audi for being lead climber of 91 points (and this is just from one cache!)

Hamlet has moved from italy to UK

Ho-hum, Bolivian Bob - 25 dormancy points

No points - Dewalds Racing Hummer, Cyber voortrekker, Doobie the Camel, there's a hole in my bug-ket, Stars and Stripes, Little Nokia (except for perhaps the 10 Sa points being backdated.

Load Shedder -1st to attend a CITO event - well done

Feng Shui coin has at last been placed by its owners!!

Dewalds Racing Audi has made it from Qatar to Germany

Edited by Discombob

Hi guys.

Any movement on your TB's?

After a roaring start - Stars & Stripes is bogged down in Germany!!!!!

And at least Hole in my Bug-ket has made a m ove (albeit fairly short) - back to a cache in Qatar. I suppose 20 odd points is better than none!

Anyone else really frustrated?

I had a look at the spreadsheet and saw that a TB can get 25 points for an earth cache.

However when we visited an earth cache, we were not able to add a TB into the cache location.

If one could add a TB in to the cache location, would the TB not be penalised as the cacher could not leave it there, and would need to move it to another location, and thus the TB would not get the points as the same cacher moved it to more then one location.

'Morning everyone - this TB Race is starting to look like the Zimbabwe elections now. Changing the rules after the event!! :o:(;):( Running out of emoticins to use. :o I am pleased that I am not in DB's position. Good luck Dude - keeping everybody happy all of the time is not so easy. ;)

Agreed :huh:

A Zimbabwean sceanrio - hey then at least I have a change - the number 1 & 2 will have a runnoff. I'm in Number 2 position - I just need to figure a way to rig the vote - then I can become winner and saviour of the British Empire & King of Scotland!!

(Oh no- that was Uganda - not Zimbabwe????)

Damhuisclan Anton

If you read back through the thread you will see quite a long discussion around Earthcaches and it was for that specific reason that the rules were changed as nothing can be dropped at an Earthcache anyway.

cincol

The latests scores are in folks:

position - change - score - racer

1 - 17 - 528 - DiePienaars TFTC Geocoin

2 - 70 - 450 - Stars & Stripes

3 - 54 - 406 - Hamlet

4 - 25 - 390 - Little Nokia

5 - 0 - 370 - dewalds racing Audi TT

6 - 34 - 352 - Pooks Shell-Struck

7 - 210 - 335 - Ho-Humm

8 - 0 - 325 - Pooks Chameleon

9 - 40 - 304 - Remy the Rat from the Cape

10 - 16 - 288 - Load Shedder

11 - 31 - 286 - Theres a hole in my Bug-ket

12 - 151 - 237 - Bolivian Bob

13 - 25 - 236 - Doobie the Camel

14 - 43 - 216 - Dewald's Racing Hummer

15 - 30 - 135 - Feng Shui Compass Geocoin

16 - 57 - 128 - CYBER VOORTREKKER

Notes:

Well done to Ho-humm for being placed at last, and it was worth the wait, as you are the first to hit a hidden word for 50 points - castle! and has made it to Germany.

No move - Die Piemaars FTFT geocoin, Pooks Chameleon, Dewalds Racing Audi

Dewalds Racing Hummer, there's a hole in my bug-ket - do not score for Al Khor Gardens, as Scuba dog placed and retreived from Far North, even though it was then grabbed by someone else. As Far North is more points, points go to that cache.

there's a hole in my bug-ket - do not score for The Far North, as Scuba dog placed and retreived from Far North, even though it was then grabbed by someone else. As Al Khor gardens is more points, points go to that cache. (as this TB has already scored for the word "North")

Big thanks to WAzat and Cincol for helping bolivian bob along

25 Dormancy points to Cyber Voortrekker

Also, it seems I had forgot to give points for Town , Bloen last time, so I have added that now

25 Dormancy points for Dobie the camel

Well done Pooks Shell struck for hitting a cache with czech language name!

Stars and stripes - I did not pick up on the bonus word "Park" last time, so have added that now.

Plus 25 dormancy points

Little Nokia - 25 dormancy points

Well, done to our big movers, Ho-Humm scoring 210 points and Bolivian Bob scoring 151 points

Well done to Diepienaars coin for keeping the lead, despite only scoring 17 points!

Well, well. Wazat, what have we done here? This was NOT a good move now was it? DB's Bolivian Bob has overtaken my own racer and is catching your's up as well! Looks as though we should hijack this dude and send him into exile somewhere. Perhaps we can find a suitable "prison" for him surrounded by baboons on the Cape Peninsular or some obscure cache in the Qatari Desert! :) What do the rest of you have to say about this? :D I now have Discombob's future in my hands as far as the race is concerned. I am open to any suggestions and bribes as to where we place Bolivian Bob in the next few weeks. :) I can also arrange that he just "disappears" as well - I have some Southern Italian friends that owe me a few favours!! ;)

All bribes and suggestions will only be considered if they are published on the Forum lest we be accused of collaborating in the dark. The best suggestion will be voted on depending on the $$ that are offered along with it. It looks like Remy the Rat, Load Shedder, There's a Hole in my Bug-Ket, Doobie the Camel, Dewald's Hummer, Feng-Shui Compass and cyber Voortrekker are the ones at greatest risk [or to benefit the most] from Bolivian Bob's "future". All is fair in love and war!! :)

Come on - let's get some discussion going! :D

I am mortified.... I tried to help the little guy along and through a little help here and there he is about to "cut my lead" as if it wasn't cut already.... LOL.

Southern Italy mmmm Sounds like that could be dangerous... I wonder. My eyes light up when I see $$'s mmm.

Found this on another thread on the Forums:

Discombob Feb 12 2008, 03:02 AM Post #48

And Shame on you Cownchicken . . Resting! A likely story!

All that needs to be done is email me the name of a TB already in the country. You don't need to make a new one, or plot and scheme and hatch devious plans - you can just do what I have always done, and sit back and see what happens to the TB. No effort whatsoever!

I have decided to reuse my last years racer for this race!

A likely story!: ' You don't need to plot and scheme and hatch devious plans - you can just do what I have always done, sit back and see what happens to the TB.' !!!

Really D'bob!! VERY interesting indeed. :P

Edited by cownchicken

Now now Cownchicken, the only reason that I had to stoop to such tactics was because people were making nasty threats towards Bob, and Bolivians don't take kindly to that sort of thing.

Also, if Bob had proceeded to Qatar, he would have been breaking one of the rules of the game, by doing a double hop, and I would hate for Bob to be involved in such evil goings on :D

Further, due to the 3 or 4 TBs that have already made it to Qatar, I feel that i already have a close personal knowledge of all the Qatar caches, and am getting a bit bored of them by now, so Bob wants to go somewhere new.

Mmmmm!!! December, 1, 2007 - Oliver Tambo International - Nando's - a TB. Ringing any bells D'Bob?

:anicute: May 2008 - Windhoek Hosea Kutako International - some restaurants - 2 hours to spare - a Race TB - this might cost some $$$$$'s or £££££'s. :anicute::D

Edited by cownchicken

Well, if you didn't have such demanding requirements, your TB would have been sitting very pretty in JHB!

And you have no idea the stress that darn tb caused me, so i think its you who owe me bit time :huh:

Just remember, there is a delicious dinner on offer, which could very easily have some infectious strain of Mad Cownchicken disease in if poor Bob goes astray :huh:

'Sitting pretty' at Nando's with a cashier that could have been off or on duty at Oliver Tambo International at the time we had to give up work commitments to dash and fetch it. Caused us lots of stress as well because how do explain to the TOP boss you need to leave the annual budget meetings to fetch a little toy at the airport!

"Bring my TB to the UK " - Scotland, Wales, Ireland, England or the Isle of Man - means any one of them? :laughing:

Edited by cownchicken

No, it would have been sitting pretty in one of the many caches I had the time to visit whilst in JHB, but those were not good enough it seems!

And besides, it was on your request that i dropped it Nandos, so dont blame me for your descisions :D

What the - are you visiting wales, scotland and ireland as well?

I'm not too fussed if he goes to isle of man, because as you know, i like to let things just happen, :D although i would like to be reunited with poor bob, so Londons good too!

Well, it seems like a while since I've done the scores, but it actually hasnt!

here are the latests scores as from 2 June:

position change score racer

1 - 0 - 528 - DiePienaars TFTC Geocoin

2 - 15 - 465 - Stars & Stripes

3 - 161 - 456 - Remy the Rat from the Cape

4 - 133 - 419 - Theres a hole in my Bug-ket

5 - 16 - 406 - Little Nokia

6 - 0 - 406 - Hamlet

7 - 68 - 403 - Ho-Humm

8 - 9 - 379 - Dewald's Racing Audi TT

9 - 9 - 361 - Pooks Shell-Struck

10 - 25 - 350 - Pooks Chameleon

11 - 108 - 324 - Dewald's Racing Hummer

12 - 15 - 303 - Load Shedder

13 - 0 - 237 - Bolivian Bob

14 - 0 - 236 - Doobie the Camel

15 - 25 - 160 - Feng Shui Compass Geocoin

16 - 0 - 128 - CYBER VOORTREKKER

Notes:

Well done to our big scorers this round: Remy the rat from the capoe (161 points)

There's a hole in my bug-ket (133 points)

Dewald's Racing Hummer (108 points)

no score -

Hamlet, Bolivian Bob, Cyber Voortrekker, Doobie the camel, Diepienaars TFTC coin (Alas, thus coin has visited an earthcache, but as discussed previously, can't score for it:o(

Dormancy points - Pooks Chameleon, Feng Shui Compass Geocoin

Dewalds Racing Hummer has made it to Canada

There's a hole in my bug-ket has also made it to Canada. It has also been dropped in a letterbox cache, which i did not take into account when deciding on points. I have thus decided to have letterbox caches replace the previous score level for earthcaches, at 25 points.

Remy the Rat from the cape has made it to latvia! And has also hit one of the 5 secret words, Birthday, so 50 points for that! (in 3 caches has done a wedding and a birthday cache!)

This secret word will be replaced by another.

Thanks DcB

Glad to see the Bugket moving. A nice bonus on the Letterbox!

I hope the Canadians move TB's along!

Welldone to Remy the Rat & Hummker on their moves too.

The top 10 are all fairly close! A few caches in a month could make a huge change! Just look at the Bugket - from nowhere to 4th. And similarly with Remy.

Hi All

Listen I'm sitting up in north Germany and keeping an eye on any TB's that come my way... with the hope of logging a true South African (being one myself) :D I see that there are a few in DE and the rest spread nicely round Europe.

:oThe bad news: Ho-Humm has been placed in a multi (GC18Y3W) and it looks like station 5 has been muggled, now there could be a chance that Ho-Humm is in one of the other stations, lets hope for the best.....

I speak the lingo and will be happy to follow things here.

Good luck to you all.

Fregards/Gruße

Red Chilli

Edited by Red Chilli

Hi All

Listen I'm sitting up in north germany and keeping an eye on any TB's that come my way... with the hope of logging a true South African :o I see the there are a few in DE and the rest spread nicely round Europe.

(rest of message deleted to keep post short : the pooks)

Red Chilli

Ah - a voice in the wilderness! I have two TBs stuck in Sachsen - one racing bug Pooks Chameleon

and a non racer Zoobiscuit . It seems as if Sachsen is a bit of a dead end for TBs. It would be much appreciated, Red Chilli, if you could pull some strings to get them moving again.

Regards

PS: If this sounds like soliciting for help, it is!

PS: If this sounds like soliciting for help, it is!

hehe :D - Careful Red Chilli - one of these days you are going to be on a permanent mission to track and chase all the "Around the World in 80 Ways" TB's in Europe. :D

Oh, and BTW, my TB is stuck in ................... :o

DEFCON 2

The German couple placed 'Ho-Hunn' in the 5th station of the multi. The Cache Owner has disabled the cache because the last station was not where it should be for some reason, but will sort things out.

So from what I can make out is the TB is still safe in the woods.

:)

Hope this helps calm the nerves for some..

Regards

DEFCON 2

The German couple placed 'Ho-Hunn' in the 5th station of the multi. The Cache Owner has disabled the cache because the last station was not where it should be for some reason, but will sort things out.

So from what I can make out is the TB is still safe in the woods.

:D

Hope this helps calm the nerves for some..

Regards

Thanks Red Chilli. We are the owners of Ho-Humm. We really appreciate your concern. Hope that the little Hummer is still safe.

Here are the latest scores fro today:

position change score racer

1 - 84 - 612 - DiePienaars TFTC Geocoin

2 - 0 - 465 - Stars & Stripes

3 - 0 - 456 - Remy the Rat from the Cape

4 - 134 - 437 - Load Shedder

5 - 13 - 432 - Theres a hole in my Bug-ket

6 - 25 - 431 - Hamlet

7 - 0 - 406 - Little Nokia

8 - 0 - 403 - Ho-Humm

9 - 16 - 395 - Dewald's Racing Audi TT

10 - 20 - 381 - Pooks Shell-Struck

11 - 0 - 350 - Pooks Chameleon

12 - 13 - 337 - Dewald's Racing Hummer

13 - 98 - 335 - Bolivian Bob

14 - 25 - 261 - Doobie the Camel

15 - 49 - 209 - Feng Shui Compass Geocoin

16 - 0 - 128 - CYBER VOORTREKKER

Notes: well done to the big movers this round:

load Shedder - 134 points

Bolivian Bob - 98 points

Diepienaars coin - 84

The top 3 remain unchanged, but Load Shedder has shot into 4th place

no score - Ho-Humm, Pooks Chameleon, Cyber voortrekker, Remy the Rat from the Cape, stars and stripes, Little Nokia

Dormancy points - Hamlet, Doobie the Camel

Bolivian Bob and Load shedder have made it to the isle of Man