water proof paper

Hushovd

Rite In The Rain is the best stuff....I use it in my bison tubes and other caches. Seriously, stick it in a glass of water for a day and take it out, wipe it off and write on it with no problems! If there is ink on there already, no smearing, it locks in the ink.

So no special writing utensil is needed. any pen can write on it?

Rite In The Rain is the best stuff....I use it in my bison tubes and other caches. Seriously, stick it in a glass of water for a day and take it out, wipe it off and write on it with no problems! If there is ink on there already, no smearing, it locks in the ink.

So no special writing utensil is needed. any pen can write on it?

Any pen can write on it--but gel pens will run and smear, probably others too. Pencils work on it even in pouring rain.

Seriously. I used to do geology treks and they usually involved creeks. I can't tell you how many times my notebook floated downstream and had to be fished out of the water. Pencils wrote on the paper every time and my notes & sketches still look darn good 10 years later.