VIsta HCX deal just had

nlittle

So, I had to share this.

I have been looking at the vista HCX with us topo. Figured it would cost me about $300. I found that on ebay "like new" with garmin spelled "garmine". I got it for $214!

I know I must wait to see true condition but as long as it works, I got a great deal!

:laughing:

Edited by nlittle

So, I had to share this.

I have been looking at the vista HCX with us topo. Figured it would cost me about $300. I found that on ebay "like new" with garmin spelled "garmine". I got it for $214!

I know I must wait to see true condition but as long as it works, I got a great deal!

:laughing:

"Garmine" is the name of the Chinese knock-off imitation brand. :D:laughing:

That's a good price if you get what you think you are going to. His item description leaves alot to be desired. Although it shows a picture of the gps with a data card (box) and Topo 2008, etc., the description only says "Garmine eTrex Vista HCx Personal Navigator" "Used". If you read the item info it says the card is not included and the maps are optional. He's a relatively new Ebay seller with only feedback for 50 items and a positive rating of 96%---which is not stellar.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but if it were me I'd contact the guy and verify everything in the picture is what you are getting, before it ships. Good luck. Hope it works out to be as it appears.

So, I had to share this.

:D

Sounds like a good deal! Hope it works out for you.

I just bought a new Vista HCx on ebay for $219 shipped.

Past ebay experiences:

I bought a used Merigold for about $125 a few years ago. Works perfectly.

Bought Mapsend Topo3D for $50. Unfortunately, it was from the batch that had a bad #3 CD. Seller worked with me and Magellan to get Magellan to send me a brand new set right away. Works perfectly but added about a week of time to my shopping experience. In this case, Magellan support was excellent.

Bought a used Palm IIIxe for $30. Worked perfectly for a year until I sat on in while doing maintenance on a cache. :D

Replaced Palm IIIxe with Palm M515 from ebay for about $30. Works perfectly except early version of cradle causes SUDS problem (known problem with the M series). Tossed the cradle and replaced it with a $6 cable from ebay. Works perfectly.

So far, ebay buying and selling experience have been pretty good. YMMV.

Thanks for the positive response. I have always had very good luck selling and buying on EBay as well. And just to be clear I know the price is average for the gps but it comes with the 2008 topo, case, and expansing card. This is where the deal was!

I checked with the seller and yes, everything in the picture is what I will get.

Once I have it I will check in again to see if I am still happy. :D

I have been purchasing and selling items on eBay for nine years now and have gotten good deals on many items, including this DELL laptop I am typing on now. I also got my first Garmin Vista, in a package with the Mapsource maps, a Garmin Legend C, and my Olympus 5060 camera. As long as you check out the person's feedback to make sure you are dealing with a reliable seller, eBay can be a great place to get things.

However, for brand new items, it is often better to get those at online merchants. The prices at Amazon, OffRoute, TheNerds, etc. can be lower than those on eBay, especially with the inflated shippping costs some sellers have.

I checked with the seller and yes, everything in the picture is what I will get.

Once I have it I will check in again to see if I am still happy. :D

Then you will probably be fine and most likely have gotten a good deal. Buying on Ebay does take some special attention to detail, but if you do that chances are you will be happy. A few may hate Ebay because they have gotten a bad deal, but I suspect the majority are those who have a need to be spoon fed by local merchants and reassured they can return an item without any questions. For that privlidge they are willing to pay more, but get irritated when others post better prices from Ebay or other mail order retailers.

I had a buddy buy a nice Toshiba Quisimo off e-bay. He typed in a search and misspelled the word by a few letters and found one that the owner misspelled also.

He got a $2000 computer for $1000. owner didn't put a reserve on it.

In this case E-bay is for buying not selling!!

Thanks for sharing.

However, I would never buy any new electronics from Ebay since it has no warranty from the manufacturer and considering all the knock-off products from China, you never know what you're getting.

True, the Ebay seller may have a positive rating but that's kinda skewed and thankfully, Ebay is trying to change that. After a certain period of time you can't change your feedback given to a particular seller.