TB Hotel

Surfski1

IMHO a cache in an interesting spot is always better than one on the side of a road and I would also argue that a TB hotel away from roads and people is a good thing, as if it is well hidden it should be less likely to get muggled....

Be careful though, I know of a TB hotel which is very much off the beaten track and the owner also insists there should be four bugs there at anyone time. This drives me nuts as it results in bugs being stuck there for months and I'm one of a few cachers who have to keep going up there on rescue missions :):). Hardly fair on the TB owners.....

If bugs are going to get stuck there for any length of time then probably not a good idea, but Oswestry hill fort doesn't look very far from roads etc, so judging by OS maps, I would say this spot looks fine. Hide the cache and see how it goes, you can always change it later.....

Good luck!

So umm - what's the difference between a TB Hotel and a largeish cache that you can leave TBs in?

Is it that Hotel has "Rules" about haow many you can take or swap?

My feeling is that Hotels with lot sof TBs/Coins in are very vulnerable to being muggled and if they are it wipes out a load of TBs in one go.

I'd go for a large cache and say theres plenty of room for T/Bs... but forget the Hotel idea..

...the owner also insists there should be four bugs there at anyone time. This drives me nuts as it results in bugs being stuck there for months and I'm one of a few cachers who have to keep going up there on rescue missions :):). Hardly fair on the TB owners.....

This concept of putting certain restrictions on the movements of TBs in and out of caches has been discussed on this Forum (and the other TB Forum) before. I think that the conclusion to each debate has been that the cache owner has no right to insist on this sort of captive number of TBs. :)

... Well, they can insist... but cachers don't have to follow their stipulation. :)

MrsB

OK thanks for the help everyone. If i was to make mine as a TB Hotel i think my only rule would be is to have 1 TB or Geocoin in there at all times, then if it did get muggled there isn't so many TBs to go missing, stolen. I totally agree with some of the rules i have come across that there should always be at least 2,4 in there. It does make them rather slow to move on. The hiding place i have found is totally out the way in a wooded area but still close to paths, but you would have to really look and search hard to find if you didn't know the coords.

If i find it doesn't work as a TB Hotel i can always change the name as someone suggested.

Couple of things to remember about TB hotels...

You CANNOT state that there should be 1, 2 or 3 TB's in thre at any one time... TB's are not yours to imprison... they are SUPPOSED to travel - hence the name!!

TB Hotels that tend to be on lonish walks / up hills / in puzzle caches tend to imprison their TB's as people CBA doing the cache.

My TB hotel has no rules, visit every day if you want, clear it our each time you come if you want.

It's a drive by in a lovely spot, and there's never been any issues with it, but one locally that is now archived, was on a 30 min walk with a puzzle to solve too... plus he said that you had to take 1, leave one!!

If I come across a TB hotel, I'll take every TB in there if I can help it on it's mission.

Couple of things to remember about TB hotels...

You CANNOT state that there should be 1, 2 or 3 TB's in thre at any one time... TB's are not yours to imprison... they are SUPPOSED to travel - hence the name!!

TB Hotels that tend to be on lonish walks / up hills / in puzzle caches tend to imprison their TB's as people CBA doing the cache.

My TB hotel has no rules, visit every day if you want, clear it our each time you come if you want.

It's a drive by in a lovely spot, and there's never been any issues with it, but one locally that is now archived, was on a 30 min walk with a puzzle to solve too... plus he said that you had to take 1, leave one!!

If I come across a TB hotel, I'll take every TB in there if I can help it on it's mission.

I think your right Hazel, and i have now done my TB Hotel with no restrictions with TB or Geocoins. If i find that TB are not moving quickly i will move them on myself plus i will then change the name of my cache.

Here is my new cache, GC19C4E http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...36-46772354580e