600 explorist compass issues

Need some help if any of you can. I recently upgraded my Explorist 600 to the newest EU firmware. all went well. thanks for the threads on the subject. i have my old base map, love the new screens (some remind me of a simpler time when all i had was my magellan blazer12), and now am getting a WAAS lock again. all of it its good stuff. the only issue is the compass, it is all out of wack. i did a recal on it (took like 7 trys - said i was moving to fast even though i was having issues keeping up with it) and the bubble screen never moved just had to go the the needle test. now it moves around but is in no way accurate. the unit is working like it should but the compass is gone, any ideas other than sending it to Magellan?

Need some help if any of you can. I recently upgraded my Explorist 600 to the newest EU firmware. all went well. thanks for the threads on the subject. i have my old base map, love the new screens (some remind me of a simpler time when all i had was my magellan blazer12), and now am getting a WAAS lock again. all of it its good stuff. the only issue is the compass, it is all out of wack. i did a recal on it (took like 7 trys - said i was moving to fast even though i was having issues keeping up with it) and the bubble screen never moved just had to go the the needle test. now it moves around but is in no way accurate. the unit is working like it should but the compass is gone, any ideas other than sending it to Magellan?

let me try this another way, is there a secret menu or somthing that i can get into?

I got my wife a 600 some year or so ago. We sent it back to Magellan and did all the compass turn it slow and followed all the directions. My wife was about to toss the GPS out and get a Garmen but found in the unit itself a compass setting which she changed and her compass has been dead on since. Sorry I cannot remember what she did but play around with the settings around the compass setting area.