Are we allowing the degradation of this forum?

mvigor

Hello,

My name is HopsMaltYeast and I have not logged a faked find in 2 months and 8 days.

Hi, my name is Vinny, and I have not logged a find on a cache where I really did not touch and handle the container and sign the logbook in over 33 minutes and I have not logged 400 or more "attended/find" smilies for an event for almost one week. And, I have not logged a fake remote find on virtual or Earthcache in Germany, Austria or Sweden in over 17 minutes. Lastly, I have not logged a fake find on an extreme Terrain 5 cache within the Zone of Alienation at Chernobyl (aka The Chernobyl Zone, The 30 Kilometer Zone, The Zone of Exclusion, The Fourth Zone, or The Zone) in the Ukraine in over 3 weeks. And, I have not submitted an outrageously insane, insanely deceptive and blatantly illegal "this cache listing is sure to be rejected but I am looking for a fight so I am gonna submit it anyway" listing for a proposed 5/5 Psycho cache to Quiggle, Keystone or Palmetto in over 15 days.

Hi, my name is Sioneva, and I haven't stolen a geocoin in six days. Furthermore, I did not steal Vinny's GPS, which would have otherwise led to his confession up above. In addition, I do not feel degraded by the fact that every post in this thread so far as contained the letter 'e', despite all my pleas to the contrary, since we all know the letter 'e' is the beginning of evil, and end of all things.

Plus, I'm allergic to it.

Alright, this post won't contain any of that symbol you don't want to look at. As long as I can think of stuff to add that won't call for it, you won't find it in this post. Um... that's about it. Thanks!

Fix: Okay, that stuff following, in sig, not count.

Edited by Mushtang

Hello,

My name is HopsMaltYeast and I have not logged a faked find in 2 months and 8 days.

Hi, my name is Vinny, and I have not logged a find on a cache where I really did not touch and handle the container and sign the logbook in over 33 minutes and I have not logged 400 or more "attended/find" smilies for an event for almost one week. And, I have not logged a fake remote find on virtual or Earthcache in Germany, Austria or Sweden in over 17 minutes. Lastly, I have not logged a fake find on an extreme Terrain 5 cache within the Zone of Alienation at Chernobyl (aka The Chernobyl Zone, The 30 Kilometer Zone, The Zone of Exclusion, The Fourth Zone, or The Zone) in the Ukraine in over 3 weeks. And, I have not submitted an outrageously insane, insanely deceptive and blatantly illegal "this cache listing is sure to be rejected but I am looking for a fight so I am gonna submit it anyway" listing for a proposed 5/5 Psycho cache to Quiggle, Keystone or Palmetto in over 15 days.

My name is TG and I stopped logging each hot dog that I ate.

Here is my bud Kobayashi-san getting 53 smileys in only 10 minutes! :unsure:

hot_dog.jpg

Hello,

Hi, my name is Sioneva, and I haven't stolen a geocoin in six days. Furthermore, I did not steal Vinny's GPS, which would have otherwise led to his confession up above. In addition, I do not feel degraded by the fact that every post in this thread so far as contained the letter 'e', despite all my pleas to the contrary, since we all know the letter 'e' is the beginning of evil, and end of all things.

I'm sorry but I must point a glaring error in the quoted post. 'e' is NOT the end of all things - 's' is!

Have you thought about taking shots for your allergy? They are available online - eShots.

Hi, my nam is Sionva, and I havn't stoln a gocoin in six days. Furthrmor, I did not stal Vinny's GPS, which would hav othrwis ld to his confssion up abov. In addition, I do not fl dgradd by the fact that vry post in this thrad so far as containd th letter '', dspit all my plas to the contrary, sinc w all know the letter '' is the bginning of vil, and nd of all things.

Plus, I'm allrgic to it.

Well, it's a small start, but this post has no of th' bad vow'ls in it.

Nor my part of th' post.

As Mushtang said, not counting the sig stuff.

Edited by Too Tall John
Hi, my nam is Sionva, and I havn't stoln a gocoin in six days. Furthrmor, I did not stal Vinny's GPS, which would hav othrwis ld to his confssion up abov. In addition, I do not fl dgradd by the fact that vry post in this thrad so far as containd th letter '', dspit all my plas to the contrary, sinc w all know the letter '' is the bginning of vil, and nd of all things.

Plus, I'm allrgic to it.

Well, it's a small start, but this post has no of th' bad vow'ls in it.

Nor my part of th' post.

As Mushtang said, not counting the sig stuff.

Sigh..... sorry dude, I had to. You took the easy way, and my earlier post did it the hard way. Your post was causing a degradation of my post.

Alright, this post won't contain any of that symbol you don't want to look at. As long as I can think of stuff to add that won't call for it, you won't find it in this post. Um... that's about it. Thanks!

Mushtang has my amazingly valid thanks. :o Avatars and sigs do not incur my disability.

Mushtang has my amazingly valid thanks. :o Avatars and sigs do not incur my disability.

It's just part of your paying $4 a month. That additional dollar is for your ability to ask for things and forum posts must comply. Authors of posts that don't comply must pay an additional TWO dollars a month.

(That's two posts for Mushtang)

I would respond to your post, but as part of my personal effort to stop any further degradation of the forums, for the time being I will only be responding to posts that include the letter "e".
Would it count if it r€ally wasn't thề lЭttЭr Œ but just somЗ charactΞrs that look€d likΞ it?
I would respond to your post, but as part of my personal effort to stop any further degradation of the forums, for the time being I will only be responding to posts that include the letter "e".
Would it count if it r€ally wasn't thề lЭttЭr Œ but just somЗ charactΞrs that look€d likΞ it?

I applaud your thinking. May you not stop. I am happy to know you, and Mushtang.

I applaud your thinking. May you not stop. I am happy to know you, and Mushtang.
Thinking???? Me? Oh no, don't tell my boss. Next thing you know he'll make me work.... ::infiniteMPG tries to force a little drool out:: Ahhhhhhh.... much better :o ...at work we have to stay in character.... hehehehe

WЭll now, whЭn 3's wΞrΞ invềntềd, the Latin dud€s wΞrΞ only going on looks. I'm going to go out on a limb and say your post is finЭ and that the ASCII codΞ for the right "E" cam€ along much lat€r. I could be wrong.

If I'm wrong. Your post is fake though.

WЭll now, whЭn 3's wΞrΞ invềntềd, the Latin dud€s wΞrΞ only going on looks. I'm going to go out on a limb and say your post is finЭ and that the ASCII codΞ for the right "E" cam€ along much lat€r. I could be wrong.
Ґ rӘΛllЎ thїnk thάt sџppџrtЁrs Θf thә lΞttΞr "Ә" wїll crγ fфμl μnlәss wЁ hάndlә ΛLL vǾwΞls ӘqμάllЎ. ϊnfϊnϊtΞMPG

If I'm wrong. Your post is fake though.
PRǾVΞ ҐT!!! hәhәhәhәhә :o
Thinking???? Me? Oh no, don't tell my boss. Next thing you know he'll make me work.... ::infiniteMPG tries to force a little drool out:: Ahhhhhhh.... much better :anicute: ...at work we have to stay in character.... hehehehe

Oops. You didn't not stop. Your post is subpar. I cannot say I am happy to know you now. I'm sorry. You brought this agony on you.

Oops. You didn't not stop. Your post is subpar. I cannot say I am happy to know you now. I'm sorry. You brought this agony on you.
You post with the strength of many men, Sir Sioneva. I seek the finest and the bravest posters in the land to join me at my court at GC.com. You have proved yourself worthy. Will you join me?

You make me sad. So be it! Come, Signal! ::clop-clop clop-clop clop-clop::

::this is where you say NONE SHALL PASS.... ::

You post with the strength of many men, Sir Sioneva. I seek the finest and the bravest posters in the land to join me at my court at GC.com. You have proved yourself worthy. Will you join me?

What is your name?

PyrateWench

What is your quest?

To seek out all the caches of the land!

What is the air speed velocity of a trackable item?

Uh... Uh.. Travel Bug or Geocoin?!

*gets catapulted from bridge*

Spam-a-Lot is coming to Florida next month, btw.

Sir infiniteMPG: How do know so much about trackable items?

Queen PyrateWench: Well, you have to know these things when you're a queen, you know.

Cool.....

Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed! :anicute:

Sir infiniteMPG: How do know so much about trackable items?

Queen PyrateWench: Well, you have to know these things when you're a queen, you know.

Cool.....

Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed! :anicute:

Ni! Ni! Ni!

I would say that the bumping of old threads has greater potential for degradation.

Edit. Like he said:

Did somebody declare November "Forum Thread Necromancy Month" and I missed the memo?

Apparently. Pointless bumps are leading to the degradation of the forum. :)

Edited by carleenp

Or is it, as someone else has said, better that they have a place to play all day so they'll leave all our other threads alone? :santa:

You have hit it on the head! There exists a handful of otherwise-fine-and-lovable-and-fun geocachers on this forum who love to argue, to nit-pick, to engage in lengthy and repetitious and never-ending (and insane...) arguments over how many angels will fit on the head of a pin, and over the flaws in the arguments posted by the previous poster. Far better that the one thread that you have referenced act as a fly-trap, rather than having them (and the guy with the weird and irritating icon who hasta/musta send a troll post to every thread) infest the rest of the forum threads! :)

Inquiring minds want to know? Who has the irritating icon? In the other thread, that's like saying, the user with the keyboard.

The demand by numerous forum participants for me to disclose the identity of the forum poster to whom I was referring has grown so great in volume that I have decided to offer the identification of the cacher as an auction item on Ebay. Bidding will start at $49.99. Thank you for doing the needful and for bidding generously today! :)

I would take a guess it's a cacher just north of the bay area :huh::P:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I would say that the bumping of old threads has greater potential for degradation.

Edit. Like he said:

Did somebody declare November "Forum Thread Necromancy Month" and I missed the memo?

Apparently. Pointless bumps are leading to the degradation of the forum. :)

Oh relax. :)

Someone else bumped caches that get us BANNED thread, so then I thought I could find 5 more interesting and funnier ones to push it back down.. :santa:

They're not dead anyway, more like zombie threads....

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

what I find so funny is that this is a thread about some thread that has so many posts people are claiming it is degrading the forums.

When I first started reading it I wasn't looking at the dates and thought they were talking about some particular current day thread.

Could have well been!!! :)

But luckily someone raised this old thread to the top, so the forums have hearby been un-degraded.

This one is good for a laugh!!!

Sir? :laughing:

Hello,

Hello my name is 4wheelin fool. I have not logged a fake find on any cache in 8 months 13 days 2 hours and 12 minutes. I haven't choked on a beer in over 3 minutes and 44 seconds since reading this thread again for the 17th time.