List of UK Counties

Deceangi

Where I come from, if it's 'ot, it's Dinner, if it's code it's Tea.

Royt where we iz we loyks our fagguts un gray pays un we avum ot.

If we avum ot miday we avum az lunch.

If we avum ot in thur evenin we avum az dinna.

Gorrit.

But oi still doe know if oym norf or sowf :blink::wub:

P

Whattttttttttttttt :wub:

Bliddy brummies (you watch Diane and Ron coming now) :wub:

You will be telling me theres language and time difference next :wub:

M :wub:

What a mess, obviously the Wales area was decided by an englishman
Meaning what?
Meaning you can please all of the people some of the time... Looks like a good compromise to me, with meaningful names for meaningful areas. Well done. :D

Edit: If tea wasn't at teatime, wouldn't Dinnerladies be called Lunchladies? And I say this as a southerner.

Edited by Simply Paul

We could go on discussing it until EVERYONE was satisfied but we (the reviewers) decided that actually implementing something was probably better than endlessly talking about it. Some will be unhappy, some will be pleased and many will not care. If, once it's been running for a while we find it could be improved we can always tweak the boundaries.

00d5063b-b97a-4ed0-ae21-91ebbd259ab7.jpg

How is Snowdon in South Wales?

On the subject of subdividing Scotland further, I suppose population/cache density was a factor in deciding areas?

Somerset and Dorset in the south? Almost all of Wales is South Wales? Scotland two huge regions? I have to say I hate this map.

[i don't want caches in Liverpool on my PQ at the moment, as I know I'll go off and do them all in one day (there are few) yet they are not in a different country to me... just across the water from me.

Easy solutions to caches in areas like the Wirral, use a Caches along a route PQ, making a line through the center of the Wirral and distance of 4 or 5 miles should sort that out :laughing:

00d5063b-b97a-4ed0-ae21-91ebbd259ab7.jpg

How is Snowdon in South Wales?

On the subject of subdividing Scotland further, I suppose population/cache density was a factor in deciding areas?

Somerset and Dorset in the south? Almost all of Wales is South Wales? Scotland two huge regions? I have to say I hate this map.

North West England on the east coast?

North East England on the west coast?

And a great chunk of pink in the north east without a name?

I have to agree with pklong, Somerset and Dorset are South West, not South England.

I agree about Somerset, but I'd say Dorset is South. I'd also say that Berkshire is South-East, not South.

You see the problem? We're never going to get everyone to agree on what should be where and what it should be called. I commend the reviewers for making an executive decision. I think we just need to get on with it as it is.

The "great chunk of pink" is North East England.

North West England is the greenish coloured area in the North West of England.

So what's the blue chunk with the 'North West England' label on it, then?

[i don't want caches in Liverpool on my PQ at the moment, as I know I'll go off and do them all in one day (there are few) yet they are not in a different country to me... just across the water from me.

Easy solutions to caches in areas like the Wirral, use a Caches along a route PQ, making a line through the center of the Wirral and distance of 4 or 5 miles should sort that out :laughing:

That would be ok if there were any caches on Wirral that I hadn't done!!!

If I want caches on NE Wales Coast I often get caches in Liverpool showing up. This new map thing would be fabulous for those of us that have stretches of water around us - like Exmouth, and those ones in N Devon / S Wales, and I imagine in Humberside.

This new map thing would be fabulous for those of us that have stretches of water around us - like Exmouth, and those ones in N Devon / S Wales, and I imagine in Humberside.

Exmouth??? I can think of more problematic areas, but thanks for the concern :laughing:

I'm not 100% in favour of the borders, but hey, they're better than just UK! and they're optional, right?

Let's cut the reviewers some slack and see what happens.

The "great chunk of pink" is North East England.

North West England is the greenish coloured area in the North West of England.

Yorkshire and something. It says further up he couldn't fit the name on the map.

This new map thing would be fabulous for those of us that have stretches of water around us - like Exmouth, and those ones in N Devon / S Wales, and I imagine in Humberside.

Exmouth??? I can think of more problematic areas, but thanks for the concern :laughing:

I'm not 100% in favour of the borders, but hey, they're better than just UK! and they're optional, right?

Let's cut the reviewers some slack and see what happens.

Hee hee - I only suggested Exmouth as I know Father Jack has that problem when he goes there!!

I agree that the labelling is a little confusing: the font's too big, basically. But the "'North West England" pin is stuck in the map just to the NE of Blackpool, with "'North West England" just to the side of it (similar to the scottish ones). Yorkshire and Humberside has no label. If you were able to view it on Google Earth you'ds be able to zoom until the divisions became clear.

I don't entirely agree with the split: but bearing in mind that any set of regions is going to be of debatable worth, then it's a reasonable compromise with some advantages.

No Durham :huh:

No North East ;)

And now we just become a chunk of pink without a name!! :huh:;)

M :)

Here you go :laughing: and this will just show some of the level of information available on the Google Earth Overlay :blink:

efc535b6-2aea-403b-b69b-3b3b04eceafe.jpg

HH Mandy does not do Technology :)

OMG you have curtains :D aren't you git posh :D

Well one has to, doesn't one? We wouldn't want the neighbours talking. Plus it gives the servants something to do, drawing the drapes, before they serve dinner :lol::cry::D

P

<_<:D:lol:

I hope thats dinner at dinner time and and not dinner at teatime (enjoy ya faggots) :D

M :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Sorry if this topic has been covered before. I visit UK occasionally (from Switzerland), and use each opportunity to cache. I run my statistics in GSAK, whose macro FindStatGen3 does a great job in displaying my finds. However, irrespective of which UK country they are located in, they are all classified as "United Kingdom", as this is how Groundspeak classifies them.

As the macro-produced maps are based on World 66, which recognises the differences between Scotland, Wales, England etc, I thought I could get all of them to display by just changing the country for each cache in GSAK, but this does not work - these countries are not recognised.

I feel sure that someone resident in UK must have solved this ages ago - could you let me know how?