Detection of GPS in PPC

martosim

Hello all,

I have downloaded Wherigo and installed Net Compact Framework 2.0 on my PPC with windows mobile 2005 and GPS receiver.

I start the program and it shows the following message:

“An error occurred trying to start de GPS devide. A port name must me specified in order to open a serial connection. Port names are typically three letters followed by a number, such as “COM7””

After I accept, the program starts normally and I can load cartridges, but I don’t receive signal from my GPS.

I have looked for a menu to configure and put de COM port in my GPS (COM4) but I cannot find an option to say to Wherigo player in which COM port my GPS is.

Can anybody please help with this?

Thanks a lot!

martosim

Hello all,

I have downloaded Wherigo and installed Net Compact Framework 2.0 on my PPC with windows mobile 2005 and GPS receiver.

I start the program and it shows the following message:

“An error occurred trying to start de GPS devide. A port name must me specified in order to open a serial connection. Port names are typically three letters followed by a number, such as “COM7””

After I accept, the program starts normally and I can load cartridges, but I don’t receive signal from my GPS.

I have looked for a menu to configure and put de COM port in my GPS (COM4) but I cannot find an option to say to Wherigo player in which COM port my GPS is.

Can anybody please help with this?

Thanks a lot!

martosim

It worked on my Dopod 818pro (WM5) with Globalsat BT-338 also it worked with Garmin 10x. And the signal on Wherigo screen shown green.

When you pair your BT, checked on the serial port once this completed. Then you configured the com port > new outgoing port > your PPC will pop up com port for you to select. New incoming port would not worked for you.

My I selected out going port to com 6.

I will tried the tutorial tomorrow.

Hope your problem solved and enjoy.

Edited by thsalbert

Hi. I have a mio 168 with Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 installd

after installing Wherigo i startup the software and he keep surging for gps is all what i get

What do i wrong?

even after i manualy setup the gps comports etc. he say gps ok.

grtz erik