Getting started...

smthng

Hey all,

I've been tinkering with the Builder and have made and tested a few super-simple carts, but there's a LOT of info that I'm just not "getting" with cartridge design. Most of it is real basic stuff, I'm sure, but with zero docs and most of the open source stuff being pretty complex, it's kind of tough to get going. So, my first question is "Is there somewhere I should be looking for basic tutorials and/or examples?" It seems that this is pretty much "it" so far. If that's so, I'll be happy to compile stuff as I figure it out and host it somewhere. It would be nice to at least have some real basic "getting started" Builder info available somewhere.

So, my first real builder question... What's the difference between "Activity Types" when starting a new cartridge... I know that there's four different types, but what exactly does it do when you pick one over the other? When is a cartridge a puzzle or fiction as opposed to a tour?

Thx!

Hey all,

I've been tinkering with the Builder and have made and tested a few super-simple carts, but there's a LOT of info that I'm just not "getting" with cartridge design. Most of it is real basic stuff, I'm sure, but with zero docs and most of the open source stuff being pretty complex, it's kind of tough to get going. So, my first question is "Is there somewhere I should be looking for basic tutorials and/or examples?" It seems that this is pretty much "it" so far. If that's so, I'll be happy to compile stuff as I figure it out and host it somewhere. It would be nice to at least have some real basic "getting started" Builder info available somewhere.

So, my first real builder question... What's the difference between "Activity Types" when starting a new cartridge... I know that there's four different types, but what exactly does it do when you pick one over the other? When is a cartridge a puzzle or fiction as opposed to a tour?

Thx!

Activity type is more for categorizing cartridges. It's really, right now, for informational purposes.

David.