Cache-mobile

yatesDELTA

hey people

so what is your cachemobile (transport that is to say)

Mine is my bike (full suspension, 21 gears)

But i broke it. The bearings in the rear wheel and the other stuff that goes in the hub kinda fell out yesterday when i was putting it back on my bike (Needed a HUGE clean after a very muddy cache hunt. )

So now using my dads bike. solid frame and 15 gears. NASTY

Or when im with my dad his car is much faster. Vauxhall Omega estate, 2.5TD m reg, 207000 miles

Soo what are yours

My trusty 2 year old Hartford 125.It's not so popular (like me!) :lol: but is built as a Honda with a good Honda engine.19000kms and only 1 flat tyre,1 new spark plug and 1 snapped clutch cable so far.Although any caches over 20 miles in the winter I usually let the train take the strain.Plus aeroplanes can also be handy for Europe and Worldwide caches. :wub:

Edited to add ...I also walk in my new Scarpa boots to break in for the ultimate cache later this year!

Edited by currykev

The Mobile Command Center is a Landrover Freelander; inside there's the Microbike (a folder), used to replace longish walkning trails. Sometimes, hanging on the back, is the Technobike (an electric bike with additional gadgetry) that gives me about 40 km range. But the most used transport is a pair of good waterproof boots with extra gel insoles, used in conjunction with my trusty stick.

An 07 plate Mondeo, which I have already added 31,500 to it's clock :lol:

and do you park this one using only 3 wheels?! :wub:

On the road we use a Ford Focus 1.6 LX, which is officially silver, but is mostly a kind of muddy brown all over!

On the feet I have either Merrell very lightweight shoes, Salomen Slightly heavier weight shoes, Karrimor Waterproof fabric boots, or Zamberlan leather boots (which I've had for 14 years and are still brilliant!)

MrsPP has Salomen shoes and Scarpa boots - she's not quite as sad as me!

Oh, and one big stick!

Bam Bam are you taking the Camel to the event I can not mention ? :lol:

Sure am Betty... Why'd you ask, you wanna pet it? :wub:

Why cannot the event be mentioned? Did I miss somert?

J

Pet it......... PET IT!!!!!!!!!!!! (it's not a real camel ya know :cry: ) We know some canny green lanes near by I wanna DRIVE IT (is it much bigger than a 106? :wub::wub:) definitely want at least a ride out in it and some photies.

Shhhhhhhhh can't mention the BIG EVENT apparently it get mentioned in ever thread :wub:

Gertie :wub:

Pet it......... PET IT!!!!!!!!!!!! (it's not a real camel ya know :cry: ) We know some canny green lanes near by I wanna DRIVE IT (is it much bigger than a 106? :lol::wub:) definitely want at least a ride out in it and some photies.

Sure, we can sort somert out Betty :wub:

Shhhhhhhhh can't mention the BIG EVENT apparently it get mentioned in ever thread :wub:

What the Meagre event is getting too much publicity and that's a bad thing? :wub:

J

PS - Sorry for thread hi-jack... :wub:

We wander around in this with a pair of walking boots in the back for the walking caches

111.jpg

And me on the Triumph or the TRX for drive by's or ones close to the road

Winter camp to Dent

Dent2a.jpg

Trx on the Round Britain Rally

SA400097.jpg

Sandra does drive by's on the 900 Hornet when the weathers decent

1-4.jpg

I have cached with a folding bike (which got two flat tyres at the far end of a 10 mile ride, which meant an unhappy 10 mile walk back)... so rubbish.

Now we cache in either

lrg_article_9409-img_0.jpg

or this

smart_roadster_brabus.jpg

The latter is my favourite.

I have recently been known to use

23_29_77---ScotRail-s-Caledonian-Sleeper--Fort-William_web.jpg

out of desperation, I promise.

Get thee to your local decent bike shop - the mechanic should have a jamjar full of them in the workshop......

(Note - that's decent bike shop - NOT Hallfords !!!!)

....and when you put the hub back together make sure you slap loads of grease in there, before the balls go in. Then they won't fall out when you slide the outer race in and get everything tightened up

Edited by keehotee