Did I mess up? 60 CSX - Help!

I have a 60 csx, that I got a couple months ago. Just today arrived my City Navigator North America 2008. All went well with the install to PC & transfer to 1 gb micro card. I then put the card into the unit and got a "Can't unlock maps" error. Crap - any ideas??? I am now thinking that I needed the NT version of the same map. Please tell me I'm wrong & am overseeing a small error....

I have a 60 csx, that I got a couple months ago. Just today arrived my City Navigator North America 2008. All went well with the install to PC & transfer to 1 gb micro card. I then put the card into the unit and got a "Can't unlock maps" error. Crap - any ideas??? I am now thinking that I needed the NT version of the same map. Please tell me I'm wrong & am overseeing a small error....

You need to upload the maps directly to the device, while the SD card is in it. All other maps that might be on the card will be erased and replaced by the mapset you have selected to transfer to your 60csx. You don't need the NT version, 60csx requires "normal" City Navigator.

You need to upload the maps directly to the device, while the SD card is in it. All other maps that might be on the card will be erased and replaced by the mapset you have selected to transfer to your 60csx. You don't need the NT version, 60csx requires "normal" City Navigator.

No, if you have a card reader, you load the maps directly to the card. I've found it to be faster and more reliable than going through the GPS.

No, if you have a card reader, you load the maps directly to the card. I've found it to be faster and more reliable than going through the GPS.

Will Mapsource automatically wrap all unlock keys it has into gmapsupp.img file? For example, I have unlocked City Navigator NA 2008 for both my nuvi 350 and 60csx. If I send the maps to the card reader, which unlock key will be used?

Will Mapsource automatically wrap all unlock keys it has into gmapsupp.img file?

yes!

For example, I have unlocked City Navigator NA 2008 for both my nuvi 350 and 60csx. If I send the maps to the card reader, which unlock key will be used?

the two; the maps is unlocked for the two units; good !

A+

When you say you transferred the maps to the card, were you downloading them using MapSource or just copying them to the card?

The CSx does not "require" the normal version. I am using NT on mine and prefer it because it takes much less memory space. I have the entire US in CN and about half of the US in Topo on the same card. Before the NT version I could only place a small portion of Topo. :o

Dooley