caching along a route?

Randyredneck

I know for a fact that there are smaller segments already saved in the PQs. We took the motorcycle from Oklahoma to Oregon in August, and took advantage of routes posted by others... like Amarillo, TX to Gallup, NM....Kingman, AZ to Las Vegas, NV... then Las Vegas, NV to Reno... Reno to Susanville, CA... Susanville to Medford,OR .... etc you get the idea.

It just takes a little bit of trial and error to find suitable routes. I found the route segments I wanted, then asked for a PQ of all virtuals within 5 miles of that segment. Loaded em into GSAK, did some sorting, and loaded the GPSr. We didn't do the them all, but we got one or more in every state we visited. 4600 miles, 28 caches in 10 states.... all in 11 days.

Instead of jumping through other people's hoops, I'd recommend just creating your own custom PQ along a route. You will most likely have to make segments that suit your needs anyway and then you will have full control of your own creation. Usually yields a better result for you. And it is one heck of a lot more enjoyable.

Edited by Team Cotati

WE did the same trip some time ago from Gresham, OR. I-84 to Boise then took the highway thru Ely south. I downloaded a bunch of caches which looked to be along the road and in and around cities which we were likely to spend the night (pulled a 5th wheel) We found a bunch of really neat areas. I'm a cowboy, Wyatt Earp fan, and like Tombstone but Pioche is a town with a couple geocaches which are not to be passed by. There was very little traffic either which made slowing down and doing the search unstressful.