Question for anyone in Cape Town

sassydil

Hello! I will be visiting Cape Town the end of March. GC43FA Historical Series – Harbour entrance is located very near the hotel I will be staying at. This virtual cache has been unavailable since November. I have tried contacting the cache owners, but never got a reply and their profile shows their last visit to geocaching.com was Saturday, December 29, 2007. Does anyone in the area know anything about the cache and why it is disabled? Thank you!!

Hello! I will be visiting Cape Town the end of March. GC43FA Historical Series – Harbour entrance is located very near the hotel I will be staying at. This virtual cache has been unavailable since November. I have tried contacting the cache owners, but never got a reply and their profile shows their last visit to geocaching.com was Saturday, December 29, 2007. Does anyone in the area know anything about the cache and why it is disabled? Thank you!!

I was wandering the same thing about that cache. We did it last year sometime and I think its a great cache. I am usually not a fan of virtual caches (my kids need toys!!) but that one in particular could be nothing else.

Perhaps someone else should put a cache there if the owner has left the game.

Not sure why it would be disabled. It would be hard to remove if someone took it. :anibad: Next time at the waterfront I will try and check it. Goofster lives near there, perhaps he can have a quick check on it. There are other great caches in the area though that you can walk to from the waterfront, so all is not lost if you can't log that one. You can still find some in SA!

it seems as if the Royfamily (owners) have disabled some of their caches that need validation 2 of them virtuals and one multi-virtual - the only one they have not disabled is one I sent the answer to and have not yet had a reply to?? Could they be out of town? I don't believe the cache has gone just can't be verified.