What would you do?

Kylies krew

I ended up with a nuvi 200W and a Vista HCx. My wife got me the nuvi for Christmas for the car and I bought the Vista for hunting and now Geochaching. I like have the two dedicated units, well sort of I do use the Vista for navigation in the Jeep since not all of it's wheels stay on the ground 100% the time and I don't want the nuvi bouncing off the windshield, one for the car and the other for the field. Both unit together totaled $440, that's half of what I paid for my first GPSr back in 93 and all it could do was point after lit locked on to two eight Sat's in about 15- 20 minutes; you gotta love the new technology!

I ended up with a nuvi 200W and a Vista HCx. My wife got me the nuvi for Christmas for the car and I bought the Vista for hunting and now Geochaching. I like have the two dedicated units, well sort of I do use the Vista for navigation in the Jeep since not all of it's wheels stay on the ground 100% the time and I don't want the nuvi bouncing off the windshield, one for the car and the other for the field. Both unit together totaled $440, that's half of what I paid for my first GPSr back in 93 and all it could do was point after lit locked on to two eight Sat's in about 15- 20 minutes; you gotta love the new technology!

With $500 to spend 2 units is actually a good idea.

Like Brian mentioned, why limit yourself to one GPS

Get one with a large screen for auto routing to the general area of the cache and get a hand held to locate the cache itself.

Just because a GPS may cost $500.00 does not mean it will be esier to find a cache, once you get to GZ a $100.00 GPS will find the cache as well as a $500.00 GPS, the abiltity of the cacher will be more of an issue

I use a Garmin street pilot C320 for auto navigation, it has a large screen and audio directions. Then I use

my Explorist 500 to find the cache.

Edited by JohnnyVegas

Sorry I got lost with out my gps... what if I can get a Triton 2000 for 360.00 brand new still in box?

I wouldn't. But I also wouldn't buy a Colorado if I could get one at a really good price either. I might wait a couple months just to see how Magellan handles updating the Tritons and also to see where Garmin goes with the Colorado.

Either of these units "might" work for you but then again either unit might just frustrate you because they won't work like you would want them to. Like I mentiioned before, getting a Triton is a risk because you don't know if Magellan will address the issues or just simply move on to the next "big thing" and leave you unsupported and unhappy.

Edited by cowboyshootist