Having a hard time with Downloading Cashes .

boex4

I have a Gamin LEGEND . Cant seem to get it right . I have done the one to three steps that the sight has recomendid . I keep getting a pop up , check connection or chip . etc I'm using a Dell computer . and I'm using the port in the back , Please help ...... Getting tired of hand loading thanks Dave

More questions....

Are you loading from the sight or another program, ie GSAK? Recheck your set-up settings.

Have you checked your interface settings in the Garmin? Needs to be set on Garmin, most likely.

The head-slap moment--- is the unit on? (Don't laugh, I've tried it)

If a serial port, be sure the connection is seated all the way and screwed down. These can be very touchy.

Be sure the connector is facing the right way on the back of the unit. Look for the little raised bar. (Uh, yeah, don't laugh again)

I haven't tried downloading from map source on this web sight. I use it with my topo maps. How do you down load off this sight ? I have just hit send to gps off the traditional Cache. I'm hooked in to the serial port . gps is set on garmin on the interface. Thank you for the help . I spend more time Hunting and Fishing then on line. Thanks again Dave

I haven't tried downloading from map source on this web sight. I use it with my topo maps. How do you down load off this sight ? I have just hit send to gps off the traditional Cache. I'm hooked in to the serial port . gps is set on garmin on the interface. Thank you for the help . I spend more time Hunting and Fishing then on line. Thanks again Dave

To use that option you have to have Garmin Communicator but it might not work with a serial port connection.

Another way to do it is to click on the download .loc or .gpx file buttons, the gpx file will have more info, and either save it to your pc and open it using mapsource or pick the open with option and open it in mapsource and send it to your gps that way. Or you could use EasyGPS which is free or many other programs

Edited by IBcrashen