Garmin 60CSx software

bandc9

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the software that comes with the 60Cx is the same as what comes with the CSx?

(I had a Cx but switched to a CSx, I just wonder if I need to re-install the software to get any missing features)

Also, anyone know if you can access the barometric data over USB or are we limited to elevation?

Thanks!

I had a CX, now a CSX and they are essentially the same aside from the features the 'S' has that the cx didn't such as the electronic compass, elevation, etc. The 's' also has a jump master/parachuting icon that I suspect would be useful if you were inclined to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

The CD's that come with the Csx had a Map Install (?) program that the Cx didn't. But still the same Mapsource. I installed the CD that came with the CSx just for because but honestly it looks the same. Unless I am missing something....

There are different 3rd party softwares that will give you enhanced elevation profiling. Obviously I'd recommend DeLorme Topo USA 7.0.

-Brian

Thanks, the Topo USA software looks great..... But I'm in Canada.

I seriously considered the PN-20 vs the 60Cx/Csx, but the lack of pre made topo maps and imagery (for Canada), and reported slow map scrolling speed stopped me from going the DeLorme route.

My search for decent 3rd party elevation profiling software has not met with much success..

Cheers

Basically, the "S" version is more HOH friendly... 30 minutes at 10'...

the Cx versions are not water rersistant...

Other than that, not much difference...

Personally, for HOH friendly, I would go with the 76CSx as it has the added feature that it floats too...

whereas the 60CSx will head straight for the bottom...

We have one of each, 60 & 76 CSx... and use the 76 exclusively on the sailboat...

never had any water intrusion problems yet... and it's been thru some nasty storms on deck...

I prefer the 76 also because it is more "pocket friendly"... not quite as clunky...

Edited by Peconic Bay Sailors