WTB: i need a gps and will trade tom tom for it

ONEWAY_DK

Hey everyone i am not new to caching i have only found 9 tho because i don't have a gps. On black Friday i ran out and bought a tom tom one 3rd addition for 150 cuz it was on sale. I thought it would work for caching but boy was i wrong scene then I haven't had the money to buy a new one so will someone in Arizona please trade me a decent hand held for my tom tom? Its in great condition hardly used i live in mesa and have lived her for 19 years and no my way around so someone please help me i need it by this weekend to if at all possible garmini is pereferd thank you!

ONEWAY!

Hey everyone i am not new to caching i have only found 9 tho because i don't have a gps. On black Friday i ran out and bought a tom tom one 3rd addition for 150 cuz it was on sale. I thought it would work for caching but boy was i wrong scene then I haven't had the money to buy a new one so will someone in Arizona please trade me a decent hand held for my tom tom? Its in great condition hardly used i live in mesa and have lived her for 19 years and no my way around so someone please help me i need it by this weekend to if at all possible garmini is pereferd thank you!

ONEWAY!

Sorry, I can't help but I know how you feel--I received a Tom Tom for Christmas and was hoping I could somehow use it for caching....HOWEVER I don't think that's gonna be possible :-( How did you find the caches you HAVE found?

ONEWAY!

what kind of tom tom is it?

ONEWAY!

what kind of tom tom is it?

I have an Emap, if you're interested.

I mentioned to my parent that I'd like a GPS, didn't tell them what for figuring that since I was an assistant scoutmaster at the time and most of my personal gear was regularly used by the troop that They'd figure out I wanted a handheld one. So, this christmas what do I get but a tomtom that they'd bought several years ago, back when i'd mentioned it, to give me but every time, they found something else so they kept it stored away...

Hey everyone i am not new to caching i have only found 9 tho because i don't have a gps. On black Friday i ran out and bought a tom tom one 3rd addition for 150 cuz it was on sale. I thought it would work for caching but boy was i wrong

You can use a Tom-Tom for geocaching and I have done it sucessfully!

I've used a Tom-Tom One for Geocaching and it works no problem. The trick is to add a 'favourite', and choose to add it from 'co-ordinates'. Give the point a name. The when you're out in the field go to 'browse map'. You will see your target destination as a star and your actual location as an arrow with a ring around it. Keep walking in the direction of the arrow (set arrow to direction of travel rather than north) and zoom in as you get closer. You'll get it down to a matter of feet and the direction arrow will sit over the star when you find the destination. If you need to get a little extra accuracy (not that I've needed it), go to the main road screen as if driving, tap the area of the screen where the signal bars are. This will bring up the co-ordinates of your location and you can dart about adjusting the northings and westings if needs be -not that you probably will.

...it worked for me and I found it far more user friendly than my Etrex H. Try it before you give up and swap, at least this way you can go geocaching and then use it on the road as a normal sat-nav.

Hope that helps,

Phil

Edited by Pinfold

Hey everyone i am not new to caching i have only found 9 tho because i don't have a gps. On black Friday i ran out and bought a tom tom one 3rd addition for 150 cuz it was on sale. I thought it would work for caching but boy was i wrong

You can use a Tom-Tom for geocaching and I have done it sucessfully!

I've used a Tom-Tom One for Geocaching and it works no problem. The trick is to add a 'favourite', and choose to add it from 'co-ordinates'. Give the point a name. The when you're out in the field go to 'browse map'. You will see your target destination as a star and your actual location as an arrow with a ring around it. Keep walking in the direction of the arrow (set arrow to direction of travel rather than north) and zoom in as you get closer. You'll get it down to a matter of feet and the direction arrow will sit over the star when you find the destination. If you need to get a little extra accuracy (not that I've needed it), go to the main road screen as if driving, tap the area of the screen where the signal bars are. This will bring up the co-ordinates of your location and you can dart about adjusting the northings and westings if needs be -not that you probably will.

...it worked for me and I found it far more user friendly than my Etrex H. Try it before you give up and swap, at least this way you can go geocaching and then use it on the road as a normal sat-nav.

Hope that helps,

Phil

We do it exactly the same with our TomTom One and it's worked for us for a year. We just received yesterday, a used eTrex and we're going to be using them together, but the TT1 worked a charm once we learned HOW to use it, no problem with it jumping to the road or anything!

Naomi :D