Wherigo doesn't find the internal GPS

zum

When I start Wherigo on my ASUS P535 with integrated GPS the first error message seems from the os (as it is in German), stating that no connection to the bluetooth-system could be established and then an error message in English follows: "An Error occured trying to start the GPS device. A port name must be specified in order to open a serial connection..."

But there is no way to configure the port in Wherigo as far as I can see.

Other GPS tools like BeeLineGPS or GPS Tuner work. So it's probably not a problem with the device.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

I use Windows Mobile 6.

When I start Wherigo on my ASUS P535 with integrated GPS the first error message seems from the os (as it is in German), stating that no connection to the bluetooth-system could be established and then an error message in English follows: "An Error occured trying to start the GPS device. A port name must be specified in order to open a serial connection..."

But there is no way to configure the port in Wherigo as far as I can see.

Other GPS tools like BeeLineGPS or GPS Tuner work. So it's probably not a problem with the device.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

I use Windows Mobile 6.

Hi, first of all sorry for my english. Many people have the same problem like you, but I finded a solution in one discussion. When you start your Wherigo player you have to be in free space that means no in the bulding so the gps could find signal. This causes because of the internal GPS has for 2 different things the same meaning - the internal GPS couldn´t tell us that it is finding satellites for fix, it can only annonce that it is fixed, or not fixed. So that´s why you always get the error messages. So go somewhere where you are not surrounded by trees or buldings then start Wherigo player and hold on. It can take several minutes. Trust me, it´s gonna fix satellites. This solved my problem, i have the same PDA as you Asus p535. If you have any other question just ask me i´m gonna try to help you.

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have a Qtek Q100 with Windows mobile 2005.

I've started in an open area Tomtom Navigator, CompeGPS Pocket Land and BeelineGPS. All of them fix satellites and get my position. Immediately I have started Wherigo Player and after 20 minutes running it doesn't get satellites.

Any idea about what happens?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Edited by martosim

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have a Qtek Q100 with Windows mobile 2005.

I've started in an open area Tomtom Navigator, CompeGPS Pocket Land and BeelineGPS. All of them fix satellites and get my position. Immediately I have started Wherigo Player and after 20 minutes running it doesn't get satellites.

Any idea about what happens?

Thanks a lot for your help.

We have the same problem with the Mio 162

Leo en Nel

Edited by leo en nel