Coin Mileage question

Captain Jon

I am sure this has been discussed many times, but I don't seem to find in in past topics easily. I gave a coin to a fellow cacher who took it from Rochester, NY to Sinapore China. (First time drop) 8110 miles logged. Coin picked up and moved to France. (Differant cacher) Now shows 5,300.00 miles. I assumed it would be combined mileage. What's up??

I am sure this has been discussed many times, but I don't seem to find in in past topics easily. I gave a coin to a fellow cacher who took it from Rochester, NY to Sinapore China. (First time drop) 8110 miles logged. Coin picked up and moved to France. (Differant cacher) Now shows 5,300.00 miles. I assumed it would be combined mileage. What's up??

If it's your Around the World geocoin, it looks like it wasn't first dropped in NY before starting its travels, so there was no starting point. The system sees the coin was first dropped into a cache in China, and is using that cache as its starting point.

Edited by Mauison