Best cache clusters in the NW

square_peg

Out here in Maple Valley, WA ( a suburb SE of Seattle) we have a number of areas full of trails and numerous caches. These are places where you can walk thru the woods for a few miles pick up several caches.

What other areas like this are there in the NW? What are your favorite "cache clusters" in the NW?

Here's a couple of my favorites:

The cluster around A Cedar River Picnic

The cluster around Danville Trails

The cluster leading up to CraterPeak

and I'm looking pretty hard at the cluster up on Sugarloaf.

Edited by square_peg

I'm not sure I would call it best cache cluster in the Northwest, but for a nice urban park with a nice group of caches, I really enjoyed Carkeek Park (in north Seattle).

Also, for those more in the mood for hiking, there is a nice grouping of caches out on the Wallace Falls trails and on the trail to Lake Serene (and Bridal Veil Falls) - both off of Hwy 2 in Washington.

For off trail caching...meaning, no trail systems just big blocks of caches here and there... Olympia has the best concentration of caches that are easy to get to as far as driving distance and parking goes. It's easy to grab 30 in a day in certain pockets.

Edited by Shop99er

A great "cluster" area for us is Tacoma'a triangle....aka Pt. Difiance. Some great caches, some great scenery. Caches for kids and adults. Easy ones and tough ones. Fearfuls and multis, puzzles and traditionals. And if ya mistep on one or two you can meet Tacoma Fire's high angle rescue team

Agree, Pt Defiance has a great cluster of caches! A similar park with an excellent cache cluster (and great views) is Washington Park in Anacortes.

I'm not sure I would call it best cache cluster in the Northwest, but for a nice urban park with a nice group of caches, I really enjoyed Carkeek Park (in north Seattle).

I would like to get a chance to geocache in Carkeek, but not yet. I have been there before I knew about Geocaching.

I've been wanting to cache there for a while, now.

....and I'm looking pretty hard at the cluster up on Sugarloaf.

Finally made it up to Sugarloaf today. Snagged all 10. I didn't even have coordinates for "Where's the Other Cul de Sac, Dang It!" but blind luck and a little geosense prevailed. :drama:

Now I'm tired and hungry and just a little bit whiny. :drama:

Very nice. It must have been a great day up on the hill.

....and I'm looking pretty hard at the cluster up on Sugarloaf.

Finally made it up to Sugarloaf today. Snagged all 10. I didn't even have coordinates for "Where's the Other Cul de Sac, Dang It!" but blind luck and a little geosense prevailed. :drama:

Now I'm tired and hungry and just a little bit whiny. :drama:

You missed this one. View to Nowhere Now you can make a second trip, Sugarloaf isn't Sugarload unless you make at least two trips up.