How close ?

LECTRAGLIDE

Whats the closest you have come to a cache .

I was caching and kept losing satellite. Finally got it and walked closer and closer till my gpsr said 5 ft .

I sat down to look for the cache on the other side of a stone wall and my gpsr read one foot . I had my hand almost on the cache .

I thought that was amazing .

Thanks

During my caching trips to Nevada, I've always been amazed at how good the satellite constellation and the cache coordinates can be, out in the wide open desert. Frequently my GPS would read "0 feet" and I would look down and the cache would be right in front of me, under some rocks. That's not true in canyons, of course, but in wide open, flat areas it's a piece of cake to get to "ground zero." That rarely happens back home in the hilly terrain of Southwest Pennsylvania.

I was caching and kept losing satellite. Finally got it and walked closer and closer till my gpsr said 5 ft .

I sat down to look for the cache on the other side of a stone wall and my gpsr read one foot . I had my hand almost on the cache .

Thanks

My GPS read 0ft on a cache I found about a week ago. I was still in my car at the time. It still took me a good 20 minutes to find the cache. It was a nano hidden under metal siding on a building.

I also found a cache in a gorge when the best I could get was about 30', with over 90' accuracy.

Thanks

Depends. Sometimes I lose the satellites and have to outthink or just hunt. to find it. But I 've had other occasions where walking with the GSPr got me to zero and lliterally nearly standing on top of it.

I actually hit "0" on one of my first few caches but didn't see the darn thing anywhere near there. I knew enough to know that just because it said zero didn't mean I was near the cache. When I (eventually) found the cache, lo and behold, it actually was within about 4 inches of where I had zeroed out (it was a sneaky hide).

I've zeroed out many times since then while standing at the cache. My GPS frequently shows 2-3 feet.

it was a hundred degrees in the shade and the humidity was so high you alomost had to cut the air so you could walk.

lookin' for this cache in a large pine grove, breeze was dead calm noseeums and blackflies buzzin' an bitin' sticker vines wrapping round your ankles, i stumbled fell foward over a downed log, liked to poked out my right eye! if i didn't wear glasses i would have.

picked my self up unwrapped the vines off my feet pickin' the stickers out of my ankles got po'ed pulled off my pack threw it on the ground reached out to get in the pack and i had THROWN THE PACK ON THE CACHE!