Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
TheAlabamaRambler

New Ham Forum

Come join the discussion forum at www.w4aga.com, a new website for the discussion of all amateur radio topics including the use of ham radio in geocaching.

The website is under construction but the forum is up and running: www.w4aga.com/forums

Of particular interest to me at the moment is the use of the National Response Framework / Incident Command System management structure applied to hosting geocaching events as a training mechanism.

Ed

73 de W4AGA

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

What's wrong with using the forums here to talk about HAM and GeoCaching??

Not a thing in the world!

Except that

I don't care for the bickering and arguments and angst that I so often find in these gc forums, so I won't be spending much time here anymore

And

I own and control my forum and will be pretty heavy-handed with post moderation... if folks can't play nice I do not intend to mess around with them, I will simply ban them

Plus

While my site is open to hams anywhere it will have a distinctly local (Southeastern US) flavor in many ways, particularly as related to our Birmingham Amateur Radio Club (BARC) club and Zamora Shrine Ham Unit activities. The website itself will be very much foused on news and info relevant to Alabama clubs, operators and activities... there are plenty of national sites already out there with a broader scope.

And lastly

The topics that we cover on my site are mostly unrelated to geocaching although I do have a category for ham radio in geocaching.

Other than that this forum is great!

Not so much a forum, more of a manifesto with supporting comments.

Edited by baloo&bd

While my site is open to hams anywhere it will have a distinctly local (Southeastern US) flavor in many ways, particularly as related to our Birmingham Amateur Radio Club (BARC) club and Zamora Shrine Ham Unit activities. The website itself will be very much foused on news and info relevant to Alabama clubs, operators and activities... there are plenty of national sites already out there with a broader scope.

And lastly

The topics that we cover on my site are mostly unrelated to geocaching although I do have a category for ham radio in geocaching.

The OP has stated his site is local in nature and mostly unrelated to geocaching and also that he doesn't really intend to be revisiting this forum. This thread has also probably set a record for negative comments in this forum I'm going to go ahead and close it.

If anyone would like to continue the topic of how Ed moderates his forums the link to those forums is in the OP.

Edited by NJ Admin