City Navigator and other questions

Bowhunter55

I just recently got a Garmin 60 csx and have a couple questions. I want to get city navigator for it and wanted to know if I needed to get the update too or if the newest 2008 versions came with the update. My second question is can you have more than one map in use at one time? I had a legend that I used topo and the lake software on it. When I wanted to use the lake software, I had to turn off the topo and vise versa. If I have city navigator and topo on the 60 csx will they work together or will I have to turn one off in order for the other to work?

I just recently got a Garmin 60 csx and have a couple questions. I want to get city navigator for it and wanted to know if I needed to get the update too or if the newest 2008 versions came with the update. My second question is can you have more than one map in use at one time? I had a legend that I used topo and the lake software on it. When I wanted to use the lake software, I had to turn off the topo and vise versa. If I have city navigator and topo on the 60 csx will they work together or will I have to turn one off in order for the other to work?

You do not need the update. 2008 City Navigator NT is what you want and it is the latest.

You can only have one map on at a time. I asked the same thing of Garmin tech when I got my Vista Hcx.

You do not need the update. 2008 City Navigator NT is what you want and it is the latest.

You can only have one map on at a time. I asked the same thing of Garmin tech when I got my Vista Hcx.

Thanks for the reply

If you buy a Garmin I3 streetpilot you get the CITY NAVIGATOR NT V8 USA version free with it. When I bought it it had two map license codes for it (provided by Garmin). So you could install CITY NAVIGATOR USA on the I3 and another device.

In my case I installed it to my 76CSX after I installed it on my I3. Then you can of course sell the I3 or give it to a relative.

garmin is now saying that they only have one unlock code per software sold in the USA. Guess people found out you could do what I did. So check if the old I3 still have two linces or not BEFORE you buy and try this.

Strangely though garmin says that for europe they still sell two licenses with the software there.

Edited by Ellteejak