Geocaching - the official sport!

I have loved gaching from the time I found out what it was. I though it should be a pro sport. How would that work? would it be find as many as you can in an hour? How fast can you find one? Maybe assign a number of points to caches and give them a day... would it be a team or lone sport??? Share your thoughts. Would you be interested in going pro?

I have loved gaching from the time I found out what it was. I though it should be a pro sport. How would that work? would it be find as many as you can in an hour? How fast can you find one? Maybe assign a number of points to caches and give them a day... would it be a team or lone sport??? Share your thoughts. Would you be interested in going pro?

First rule would be that you have to know how to spell caching.

El Diablo

First rule would be that you have to know how to spell caching.

El Diablo

Sorry I was writing fast... :rolleyes:

A hush falls over the crowd as Team Magic enters the ring. The Magician delivers a resounding blow to the bushes, but to no avail. The Magician's Apprentice silently blindsides the tall stand of waving grass, delivering the fatal KO that brings this hide to it's knees. The crowd screams for more blood, but it's over. This cache has fallen to the efforts of yet another Tupperware hunting duo.

Watch for video on the 11 o'clock news. We now return you to our regularly scheduled program..............

I think it'd be kinda like watching bass fishing, 'cept with a GPSr instead of a fish finder and a Jeep instead of a power boat.

And without any of the fun of falling overboard.

Oh but that would be made up for by the reckless driving of the cachemobile. We might see some rally car driving cachers drifting around the hairpin turns and coming off the ground as they top hills on dirt roads. :rolleyes:B) (And you know everyone watches a race for the wrecks. :bad::bad: )

Seriously I don't think I would really like Geocaching getting that mainstream, or that it would be viewed as a competitive activity. Sure you can be competitive and I have been in several competitions at events and it's cool, but not what I would like to see as the norm. I think I'd like to see it stay as local good natured competitions and not something that becomes televised with certain people being considered "pros" and winning big prizes.

Put down that GPS and find an Orienteering club.. that's basically what we do. There's a Chicago Area Orienteering Club (CAOC).

I wonder how long it will be before there is a movie about pro-geocaching similar to the pro-dodgeball movie and others of its ilk.

"An Intrigue of Their Own" (Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, Madonna)

"Hey ... HEY ... There's no crying in Geocaching! There's no
crying
in
Geocaching!"

"The Legend of Baggy Pants" (Will Smith, Matt Damon)

"Why yes, those ARE damaged golf balls in my pockets."

"Field of DNFs" (Kevin Costner, James Earl Jones)

"... if you hide it ... they will gripe ..."

"Days of Plunder" (Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Robert Duvall)

"He didn't cheat on his FTF, boy! He just *rubbed* you -- and rubbin' is RACIN'!"

"Major Leak" (Tom Berenger, Charlie Sheen)

(crowd singing:)
"Wet Thing! ... ... ... You make my log stink! ... ... ... you make EV-ry-thing ... ... ... soggyyyyyyyy ..."

Edited by KBI

That is all we need, more reasons for more cachers to enter bogus logs and to carry pockets full on micros to throw down when they cannot find the cache

I think it'd be kinda like watching bass fishing, 'cept with a GPSr instead of a fish finder and a Jeep instead of a power boat.

And without any of the fun of falling overboard.

Oh but that would be made up for by the reckless driving of the cachemobile. We might see some rally car driving cachers drifting around the hairpin turns and coming off the ground as they top hills on dirt roads. :):) (And you know everyone watches a race for the wrecks. :P:P )

Exciting, yes, but those just don't have the slapstick humor of some clown falling overboard.