Is there a way to get more than 5 logs in PQ GPX files ?

SriSoKoSu

Is there a way to configure Pocket Queries to include more than just the 5 most recent logs per cache in the GPX file ?

Most of the time just the 5 is enough, but occasionally when we get really stuck trying to find a cache, it helps to be able to go check out all the logs.

We do paperless caching using GSAK + CacheMate on PPC

Is there a way to configure Pocket Queries to include more than just the 5 most recent logs per cache in the GPX file ?

Most of the time just the 5 is enough, but occasionally when we get really stuck trying to find a cache, it helps to be able to go check out all the logs.

We do paperless caching using GSAK + CacheMate on PPC

When you pull them individually, you get 20 per cache.

If you don't clear the database when uploading to GSAK, the logs stack (but you may get archived caches in your GSAK database unless you know how to clear them out).

But just from one PQ? No.

Thanks Markwell for yeat another helpful reply !

Stacking in GSAK is actually a really good idea. I generally don't delete records from my GSAK database, so they should stack.

For removing archived caches from my GSAK database I do the following. If there is another better way to do this, I'd love to know.

1. One of my PQs returns only the "Not Active" caches in a 100 mile radius. I run this once a week

2. Each Friday I import the caches from this PQ into my GSAK database (the main one). This seems to clean up the database.

The other way (that GSAK even has a macro for) is to make sure that your pocket queries always return the blanketed area in its entirity, then those that have a Last GPX Update less than the date of the most recent queries are archived.

In other words, if you are SURE that your PQ doesn't hit over the 500 mark for each one, and you return all of the caches - even the inactive ones - then the ones that aren't updated are the archived.

Don't always rely on that method 100% of the time though. If your PQ goes over the 500 mark then those caches furthest from the center point will be eliminated. So you may think that the caches farthest from your home are being archived when they aren't.

Just takes some tweaking and occassional monitoring.

When you pull them individually, you get 20 per cache.

If you don't clear the database when uploading to GSAK, the logs stack (but you may get archived caches in your GSAK database unless you know how to clear them out).

But just from one PQ? No.

Hi Maxwell, but:

In few profiles, I've seen stats of user's hidden caches. Showing how many people found particular cache, who got FTF, average # of finds per month, etc...

How could they get such stats, when they could get just last 5 (or 20, doesn't matter) logs on their caches? :unsure: Stats seems to be result of GSAK macro, similar to my finds stats.

Is there any special PQ for "my hides" with all the logs? :blink:

thank you

GSAK has a macro that does just what you want - returns ALL logs for a particular cache. But you have to run it one cache at a time so it's cumbersome (it is designed to be cumbersome because of the impact to the Groundspeak servers for this type of query.). It's "AddLogs.gsk". It works great for owners of caches who want the whole history for whatever purposes.

GSAK has a macro that does just what you want - returns ALL logs for a particular cache. But you have to run it one cache at a time so it's cumbersome (it is designed to be cumbersome because of the impact to the Groundspeak servers for this type of query.). It's "AddLogs.gsk". It works great for owners of caches who want the whole history for whatever purposes.

... sorry for that typo, Mark ...

Great to know! Many thanks from here :unsure:

I wish there was a way for a PQ to return all the logs (I was about to ask the same question if I didn't find it addressed already, and here it's being discussed today). I have an achievement geocoin available to people who complete a series of caches I placed, so I wanted to do a PQ on the series and then run a script to see who has logged them all. Only getting the last 5 logs though sort of kills that idea.

Only getting the last 5 logs though sort of kills that idea.

Why don't you use "AddLogs.gsk" macro to add older logs? I just finished with my 34 placed caches, it didn't take so long. ....ok, I know you'll need to continue updating in future, but still - it is possible.