Speaking of DNF's...

hukilaulau

it might seem like this belongs in another forum, but I really want to know if folks on the general forum would even want it...

We can see a list of our own finds

our own DNF's

our own caches.

other cachers' finds

other cachers' hides

Why not other cachers' DNF's? I would love to see what other people have to say about their DNF's. See if I share DNF's with other local cachers. Right now, as far as I'm aware, there's no way to track this information. Would anyone else be interested? Is there a specific reason why we can't do this?

True. We can see DNFs on a cache page, but not on a users list of caches. But, I don't see any reason that I should need to pull up anyone's profile, and see the list of their DNFs. I vote Nay.

I agree.

It is bad enough that some users are already trying to out do each other with the most DNFs. If they showed up in the Profile, there would probably be even more users competing in this way.

True. We can see DNFs on a cache page, but not on a users list of caches. But, I don't see any reason that I should need to pull up anyone's profile, and see the list of their DNFs. I vote Nay.

You could say the same thing about their finds. Why would you need to pull up someone's profile and see someone's finds?

Some people like to see what their friends are up to. Let those people have their fun.

Definite yes. This would be a great feature.

You could say the same thing about their finds. Why would you need to pull up someone's profile and see someone's finds?

You have a point, there really is no reason to see peoples find counts either. I also vote yes for dropping the find counts from being visible.

I vote yes. Since the cacher did not have a problem letting us know they did not find the cache, I see no reason why they would object to counting them up and showing the total.

Now there are those who object to counting of finds and those same arguments could apply to this, but since we are counting find logs why not count DNF's.

Well, how about a "show all logs by X user", just like what you can see for your own account. Oh, I know someone will shout "Privacy" but the information is all there in public already. Why not make it accessible more easily. Oh, I know. Costly extra work to write it in. That's a good reason.

I'm hoping that that will be a part of the "Friends" feature when it is fully implemented. Since being a "Friend" is opt-in rather than mandatory, privacy concerns shouldn't be an issue.

I'd like to be able to see DNF log entries as well. As others have said, they are often more interesting and entertaining than the find logs. I'd like to see the "write notes" logs also also.

Displaying the DNF count? Yes. As long as you're showing someone's find count, show their DNF count, too. But personally, I'd rather have the find counts hidden unless the cacher is in your "friends list", then just put the Find/DNF count on their "Friend block".