Stats on profile page?

Not the Mama!

I saw a posting on here a few days ago about posting code in the profile page to get some interesting stats. I've spent some time searching, but can't find the posting any more. Can anyone point me to it please?

Edited to note that I don't appear to be able to edit the typo in the topic subject. Can a mod help out please?

Edited by Not the Mama!

I saw a posting on here a few days ago about posting code in the profile page to get some interesting stats. I've spent some time searching, but can't find the posting any more. Can anyone point me to it please?

Edited to note that I don't appear to be able to edit the typo in the topic subject. Can a mod help out please?

There are lots of options. Most of them will brand the content with the name of the tools used to produce the stats. If you start looking at a few user profiles (for example, mine, you can see which one of the options you like best.

I use GSAK and the FindStatGen3 macro as well as a "AddLogs" macro so that it also produces accurate information about finders of caches that I own.

You'll need to be a premium member so that you can use the canned "MyFinds" pocket query to download a list of all of your finds and a PQ which lists your caches.

First you need a copy of the Geocaching Swiss Army Knife (it's worth the purchase price)

Then you need to install the FindStatGen3 and AddLogs macro (if you own caches).

You can then import the zipfiles for the two PQs into separate databases (i.e. MyFinds, MyCaches). Then, if you have owned caches, you need to add the logs for all finders using the AddLogs macro. Then you can run the FindStatGen3 macro to produce an html page with all the statistics one could ever want. View source on that page and cut-n-paste everything from the first <div> element to the last </div> element (inclusive) and paste into your profile details.

I tried FirstStatGen3, but I get an error. The error says, "No placed caches found for this database." Is this only for placed caches? I'd like to get a stat page like that for the caches I've found. I currently don't have any active placed caches. Can I still use the FirstStatGen3 macro to create a data page for found caches? If so, what should my settings be so it looks for more than just my placed caches?

Edited by NWMOhunter@HC

I have tried this over and over and can't figure it out. I only have 2 databases in GSAK; one is my found caches and the other is my unfound caches. I don't know how to leave the "Placed Caches database" empty.

I'm using this Macro just fine, with 1 Database. You don't need 2 Databases, one for found and another for unfound, you can use the filter option to seperate those if you like.

I Just did a test with an EMPTY Database and it stopped with the same error. Select one of your active databases as the placed DB and it should work fine for you.

good luck.,

I tried FirstStatGen3, but I get an error. The error says, "No placed caches found for this database." Is this only for placed caches? I'd like to get a stat page like that for the caches I've found. I currently don't have any active placed caches. Can I still use the FirstStatGen3 macro to create a data page for found caches? If so, what should my settings be so it looks for more than just my placed caches?

Please see this thread