Garmin Bobcat help

Need some help from fellow mac users out there. I just loaded all of the most recent garmin Mac software and went through the insane map conversion process. Everything seems to be working just fine (finally) except one thing. No matter what I do I cannot seem to create new folders in bobcat (file->new) is always always always greyed out. What am I doing wrong? Does this feature just not work? If it doesn't then why and how are there sample folders?

HELP

RB

Bobcat is BETA software and a lot of it's features are not implemented yet, including the (file->new) command. Not sure to what sample folders you are referring too. What exactly are you trying to do.

I am referring to the sample folders like "Grand Canyon Trip 2008" that comes with the software download and displays when you fire it up. I am simply trying to organize some of my data uploaded from my 76CSx gps in some meaningful way. Currently everything that gets uploaded gets put in a single automagically created folder called "Recently Read from GPSMap76CSX (Unit ID 3302031810)". I would really like to create some new folders to put some of that stuff into.

Thanks

RB

Bobcat is BETA software and a lot of it's features are not implemented yet, including the (file->new) command. Not sure to what sample folders you are referring too. What exactly are you trying to do.

I am referring to the sample folders like "Grand Canyon Trip 2008" that comes with the software download and displays when you fire it up. I am simply trying to organize some of my data uploaded from my 76CSx gps in some meaningful way. Currently everything that gets uploaded gets put in a single automagically created folder called "Recently Read from GPSMap76CSX (Unit ID 3302031810)". I would really like to create some new folders to put some of that stuff into.

Thanks

RB

Not sure where the File-New command is, but I was just able to create a new folder. It's under the Edit menu, "create new folder." Shortcut Cmd/Shift/N.

Now that it's created though, I can't seem to move anything to it. Hmmm...

Waiting for version one. :bad:

Yes, you can create a new folder, but you cannot drag anything into it. You can place new waypoints on the map with that folder selected and they will be in there. Please email the beta team with your results: mac.bobcat@garmin.com

In Bobcat 2000 Create new folder was in the edit menu, and it works.

In Bobcat 2001 Create new folder is in the file menu and it is always greyed out.

If you have both installed you can create the folder in 2000 and it will show up in 2001 after restarting it.

Bobcat should not be classified as Beta, It's still Alpha quality as far as I am concerned.

Many features are not implemented or are severely broken and buggy.

Ah yes...I did not see that there was a new version. I had just checked for updates not long before this thread started I thought. I have downloaded the new one and you're right about the differences.

I guess I'm not so much worried about whether it's alpha or beta--I'm liking the fact that Garmin is actually creating Mac software, and having the opportunity to provide feedback.

Not sure where the File-New command is, but I was just able to create a new folder. It's under the Edit menu, "create new folder." Shortcut Cmd/Shift/N.

Waiting for version one. ;)

Yes, you can create a new folder, but you cannot drag anything into it. You can place new waypoints on the map with that folder selected and they will be in there. Please email the beta team with your results: mac.bobcat@garmin.com

I am running the latest download, the File->New Folder menu is grayed out and cmd shift N just makes the "you can't do that" boop noise. No new folders for me. Are you running the latest download? If so why are you able to create new folders and I can't (even if you can't move anything)?

RB

Waiting for version one. ;)

I am running the latest download, the File->New Folder menu is grayed out and cmd shift N just makes the "you can't do that" boop noise. No new folders for me. Are you running the latest download? If so why are you able to create new folders and I can't (even if you can't move anything)?

RB

As I have not updated to the newer version I can Make new folders:

d56365da-27ee-4545-ab46-e12e6fcac66c.jpg