Pocket Queries

Not the Mama!

Always preview a PQ by clicking the correct icon before running it. Since there is a 5 PQ limit per day, not counting the "My FInds" one andyou will also be able to check that you are not wasting one by choosing the wrong selections.

And any particular PQ is limited to running once per day so don't try to fine tune one thinking that once it's right it will come. If that one already ran it will not run again today.

Thanks, it took a while for me to realise that I cold simply define a new query & that got sent to me fine. Nowhere is there any info on how exactly to get it on the Colorado. I had to figure that one out. The Colorado manual is useless.

For newbies, this page is great: http://markwell.us/pq.htm#step1simple however it didn't suit me perfectly as I live on an island close to other land masses, I wanted my results to be on the island only.

Now to figure out how I make the backlight stay brighter! :rolleyes:

Always preview a PQ by clicking the correct icon before running it. Since there is a 5 PQ limit per day, not counting the "My FInds" one andyou will also be able to check that you are not wasting one by choosing the wrong selections.

And any particular PQ is limited to running once per day so don't try to fine tune one thinking that once it's right it will come. If that one already ran it will not run again today.

And what is wrong if I follow the steps on http://markwell.us/pq.htm#step1simple to the last dot, and I still dont get any results from pocket queries, but find 600 caches when I run a request on "hide and seek a cache" ?

I've tried to run searches, I've tried to preview searches, but no result.

I've tried and researched pocket queries for the last 24h, and its starting to pi** me off, as the main reason I paid for a full year premium membership was the PQ's....

And I must say, I not very impressed with the PQ service, and its non exicisting explanation/faq/help function.

Yeah, and how am I supposed to run a preview of a new querie, when the option is not there before I have submitted the query????

Edited by tsolt

And what is wrong if I follow the steps on http://markwell.us/pq.htm#step1simple to the last dot, and I still dont get any results from pocket queries, but find 600 caches when I run a request on "hide and seek a cache" ?

I've tried to run searches, I've tried to preview searches, but no result.

I've tried and researched pocket queries for the last 24h, and its starting to pi** me off, as the main reason I paid for a full year premium membership was the PQ's....

And I must say, I not very impressed with the PQ service, and its non exicisting explanation/faq/help function.

Yeah, and how am I supposed to run a preview of a new querie, when the option is not there before I have submitted the query????

I'm sure it is something really simple that you are doing that is giving you no results. In almost every case, you have too many things checked off (for example, you may have checked "are available to all members" and "are for members only" having such will give zero results. Why don't you post each and every item you have in your PQ query, and one of us can check it out.

before you submit it, make sure you have none of the days of the week checked. Then submit it and preview it. If you like what you get, edit the query to have it run on whatever day of the week you wish.

Double check the parameters here:

simplepq.jpg

Then re-read that portion on the FAQ that says this:

Once you've got the criteria to the right set, click on "Submit Information" and let the page refresh. When the page reloads, you'll get this message:
Thanks! Your query has been modified You can preview the search on the nearest cache page.

Click the preview to see how many caches you'll be getting. If it's "no caches" - check the criteria again.

Edited by Markwell