ifinder H2O error

Wareagle 1

Newbie to the forum, so I apologize if this has been covered. Frequently my ifinder H2OC shows my position some 20-60' off the sides of various streets and roads. Other days it is right on. What causes this? Old map data? At first I thought it was due to road construction moving the road beds, but the sheer number of times this is happening has me rethinking that explanation. There has to be an error of some sort. Is there a way to "calibrate" the indicated position to the map? I have gone through my manual and have not found anything that explains the issue or describes a possible fix. Typically when this error is happening the EPE is less than 15' and I show very good satellite signals.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wareagle 1

This isn't uncommon. My H20C always shows me several feet off the highway on a certain stretch of road. It's a mapping issue which I believe you will find is common with most all units to one degree or another.

My IFinder Pro with a Freedom Map does the same thing too. Most of the time, I'm right where I'm supposed to be but every once in a while, I do notice that certain back country roads and some small streets are off by just a little bit.....not more than 30 feet. From what I have read, a lot of GPS units have an option called along the lines of "on road" and "off road". When the option of "on road" is utilised, your tracks stay on the road even if you decide to walk a small way beside the road. The tracks stay locked to the road.