Error cointest

Geo.Error

Good morning to all!

I will place a huge error my sister made once! I am posting this, just because she is with me under this code name! I started first, and she & my brother in law joined me and now we have a team! :D

My brother in law is the driver and the owner of the GPS! :D

Anyway... I am a banknote collector! I collect cheap banknotes, just because I can not affort expensive ones! I collect world banknotes, even in circulated condition, and I hope one day to have notes from all over the world! :D Of course, as a Greek collector, I am trying to collect Greek coins and banknotes too!!!

Well, here is how the story goes!

My sister was working in the Airport in Rhodes, some years ago! She used to buy something to eat from the shops there! One day she forgot her wallet home!!! She had only one banknote with her!

She went to buy a cheese pie, but the cashier told her that the note was not good because it had extra paper in one corner!!!!!

What my sister did? she went to her office, took a scissors and cut the extra paper!!!!!

The cashier thought the note was different and accepted it!

My sister forgot the whole thing and after 2 weeks, while I was looking some error notes in the net, she remembered that she had one, and told me her story and what she did!!! She was quite happy with that, but I almost had a heart attack!!!

The note had extra paper and also had thick lines of the colors to show which colors they used! It was a scarse error of the bank of Greece!!! I was collecting many years and couldn't find any error note, and my sister found one, a greek one and destroy it!!! It still hurts me!! :D

The only thing I said to her was that this cheese pie was very expensive!!!! :D

I was out completing a multi-cache, which had the final stage on the oppostie side of the stream. I found my way over and made the find. I decided I wanted to take a short cut on hte way back, so I started to walk over a tree trunk which crossed the stream nicely. I began to second guess my decision, but with taunting (or incouragement as she calls it) from my wife I moved forward. As I approached the other side my foot slipped on the wet bark and fortunately I had enough momentium to get me just over the water. My thigh landed on the tree which hurt like Heck!!!! Trying to climb across the tree was an error in itself, but the real error came afterwards. My leg was quite sore, so I was told to rub my leg to help reduce the pain and keep it from bruising. I did, but it did not help very much. After a painful walk to the car and drive home, I went ot change out of my muddy clothes and looked at the blood covering my leg. Yes....that is right, I was rubbing a wound which I think only made it open up more.

Happy Times!!!!

I am trying very hard to update my house and possibly try to sell it. It isn't going so well though. This is what happened to me today.

I bought a can of paint that was being clearanced out to paint the doors and woodwork. The can had a dent so they couldn't put it on the mixing machine. I bought one of those mixers to go on the end of your drill to mix the thin set mortar (had to buy a new drill too) so I decided to use that for the paint too. Well I stuck it in the paint and started the drill but it was WAY too fast. The mixer throw about 1/3 of the can onto the floor and all over my shoes but of course not on the stuff I wanted to paint. Ok, so I grab a paint brush and some nearby trim and started to paint using the stuff on the floor since there was so much of it and I had to clean it up anyway. Then I remembered the trim that I had bought that was in the family room and I went in there to get it. All of a sudden I see paint footprints on the carpeting OH NO and I rush back into the kitchen. You know how when you are walking on ice you think if you walk fast you won't break through? Well it doesn't work. Grabbed a rag and try to clean up the carpeting.

Fast forward. The phone jack in the wall in the kitchen broke last night so I had to move the phone into the family room. The phone rang and I went to see who it was. It was a telemarketer and I didn't even answer it but looked down and I had done it again. More footprints!!! This time it was harder to clean up. Maybe its time to stop for the day!

Well, hope you have a much better day tomorrow! Paint and carpet, that sucks!!

Yes I most defiintiely will because I am going caching! Of course if it stops snowing and the roads are ok. Carpeting looks pretty good today thank goodness!

Edit to add that I was stirring the paint in the kitchen where I had torn out the flooring in preparation to install ceramic tiles. All that plywood there is a nice hade of antique white

Edited by LadyBee4T

This one time, at band camp....oh wait wait wait, that story isn't appropriate here. How about this.

When I was a little kid, my family would always have a big get together at the lake during the summer. I'm not sure how old I was, I think around 5, maybe younger. My sister and a few of our cousins decided to go out in the row boat, and I tagged along. We were out on the lake, and suddenly everyone started pointing and screaming "JAWS!!" "JAWS!!!" The panic that hit me was instantaneous! I looked where they were pointing just in time to see a big splash and something moving under the water. I was totally freaked!! When you're a little kid, you just KNOW that Jaws can be in any body of water. Suddenly, the back of the boat started shaking like crazy.....and without thinking, I immediately stood up and jumped overboard! Mid-jump, I realized my mistake. I'm not sure which is the more erroneous mistake, jumping into the water when I didn't know how to swim (thank goodness I was wearing a life vest!) or jumping directly into the shark infested water!

Of course, it wasn't Jaws, just one of my cousins. To this day, I still get teased about that incident!

This isn't quite an error but it sure made me laugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYokLWfqbaU

Now for an error story. Not quite as funny. but we were caching with friends one of whom was going for #600 on a 6 stage multi. Because it was his milestone he was checking the cpoords etc and leading the way. Well we all started talking and walking and of course someone said Are we close yet? He checked his unit and he didn't hit the Go To button! He got a bit of razzing or that one

Here is a geocaching error I made!!! :D

When I found my first cache, a micro one, and log my visit in the net, I wrote that I found this game accidentally, when I saw in the net the Greek geocoin! I am from Greece and the geocoin looked so beautiful! :lol:

In my log, I wrote that I wanted to find one greek geocoin and keep it!

After some weeks, I entered to the foroum and realised that there are many stolen geocoins! :D:rolleyes:

I also realised that my first log could easily missunderstood in the way I wrote things! :wacko:

So, I posted a note explaining everything! I wanted to say ...find one (buy one)... and keep it (stay with me for ever!!)!!! :P

I just translate my Greek into English and wrote the log!!! Sometimes these mistakes are.... :lol:

It was a big error I made, and I did not want others to think bad things for me!!! :wacko:

I was ...and still I am a new to all this!!! :lol:

And...the last for today!

This happent about 2 years ago! Some friends of my parents and some relatives came to our house for a visit! It was the name day of My Mother (Here in Greece we have birthdays and name days.) There were old people, children...

I have my computer in the living room just because we do not have a lot of space! While they were all in there, I received an email from a friend! He was sending me a video with a name that couldn't realie what it was!

I had the stupid idea to open it immediatelly, while my speakers were on!!! The video was an "Adult video"!!! Oh my...!!! :wacko:

I am sure you understand what hapent!!! Everybody in the living room heard the noices and turned their eyes to my monitor!!!!! They were socked, my parents were socked, I was socked..... I did not know what explanation to give!!! I just wanted to disappear from Earth!!!! :rolleyes:

My youngest did a boo boo this past Thursday. I was to pick him up in front of his school to take him to a follow- up to surgery appointment. I went to pick him, waited around, went to the intended place, went back to school. Finally, I went home and got him walking from the bus stop. Rolled down my window, looked at my watch and asked him what time it was and what day was it. I guess being a typical "kid", he forgot. We got to the appointment but had to go as "stand-by" And I had to worry about getting to work on time :rolleyes:

Moral of this story would be to make sure they understand before school about the plans instead of just the night before :wacko: .

On one of our first Multi-caches, we found the first 2 phases rather quickly, at the 2nd phase I punched in the coords for the final phase and we headed off in the direction of the arrow. It wasn't to bad of a hike, around .5 of a mile but we had to do lots of bushwacking.

We crossed a set of railroad tracks and headed into the woods on the other side of the tracks. While waking through the woods, I started noticing tree stands up in the trees. I told the wife I thought something was wrong since the area did not look safe to be in. We high tailed it out of there and went back to stage two to see if 'we' got the coords wrong. After checking out the coords a second time, we notice I had reversed a couple of numbers. When the proper coords we put in, the cache was easily found........ about 200 feet from stage 2!

We found out on the way from the cache that we were on private land that was used for hunting, luckily, the hunters were not out that day!

Now we write down each stage of a multi and we both check the coords entered to the coords written.

I wouldn't call this an error, more of a classic DUH!

I'm at work yesterday and I'm 1/2 way through the day and kick my feet up and realize I have on TWO DIFFERENT SHOES!

I feel your pain!! :bad:

A few years ago my wife & I went to a casual dress dinner party for the doctor's office where she worked at the time. About half way through the night I'm sitting there and look down to realize in my hurry to get ready I had grabbed 2 different tennis shoes. One was red white & blue, the other was yellow, black & white. :bad:

I had put on one shoe, then my wife had asked me to help her zip her dress. I went back grabbed another shoe out from under my side of the bed and just put it on without paying attention to what I already had on. B)

At least they were the same brand & style!! :rolleyes:

D-man B)

I wouldn't call this an error, more of a classic DUH!

I'm at work yesterday and I'm 1/2 way through the day and kick my feet up and realize I have on TWO DIFFERENT SHOES!

I feel your pain!! :bad:

A few years ago my wife & I went to a casual dress dinner party for the doctor's office where she worked at the time. About half way through the night I'm sitting there and look down to realize in my hurry to get ready I had grabbed 2 different tennis shoes. One was red white & blue, the other was yellow, black & white. :bad:

I had put on one shoe, then my wife had asked me to help her zip her dress. I went back grabbed another shoe out from under my side of the bed and just put it on without paying attention to what I already had on. :rolleyes:

At least they were the same brand & style!! B)

D-man B)

GEESh B) , leave it to the guys to do something like this B)

Geo.Error, good morning! Good morning to all!!!

I just saw the name of the coin you have on the coin test!

Is it really glow in the dark? ...WOW!!!

Now, about errors....I made one in my work! I did not wear spectacles by that time! It was still early in the morning! We were all inside but we were opening at 8:00! The only one who wasn't there yet, was the manager!

My office was exactly opposite the main door, and I saw a woman trying to enter! I did not realise who she was and I told her loudly so she can hear me, that we were close and she had to enter from an other entrance!

A secretary who was near me, was watching the whole thing and was socked! I asked her why and she told me....the woman was the manager!!!

Thank God nothing hapent, I explain to the manager what hapent and she laugh! Anyway...from that time I wear spectacles!!!!

MY error (not Sue) was visiting the same cache 3 times! We did the cache, forgot to log it. It is a pretty good drive in the middle of the Pine Barons in NJ (4X4) on some of the roads. Several months later it popped up again in a PQ, ...drove all the way out......laughed..signed the log again..and you guessed it forgot to log it AGAIN :rolleyes: . Several weeks later, not recognizing the name, we were busy chatting in the geojeep on the way to a "new cache" we arrived at GZ for the third time. I looked out the window....& said "Hey what the,,,????" Laughed again, signed again and made sure we logged it this time. THE CO told me if I go back again I need to bring a new log book! :bad:

While driving to pick up my kids, I ran over a bolt which happened to be attached to a metal strap. Not only did I have to get a new tire, but tomorrow I take the Jeep in for $1600 in damage repairs. The metal strap did a number on my passenger door and fender. :rolleyes:

....Anthus

OOOOHHHHH!!!!! That REALLY sucks! Those road alligators are mean!! Sorry to hear that. :bad:

The 'strangest' error I have encountered in the world of geocoins happened fairly recently. I found a personal coin on a website (both shall be nameless to protect the 'innocent') that I really wanted and contacted the owner. He answered back the usual, how many; what finish...all the normal questions. So I emailed my wish list, my address and my paypal address. His response...I've sent the coins, what do I do with you paypal address? I email back: send me an invoice. He emails back: what is an invoice? So I tried to explain paypal process (yes, he has an account!) but his English is not so great. Finally, I offer a personal cheque and he agrees that would be ok. Then, the next day I emailed him to acquire his address.

I felt sorry for the guy because he was totally unprepared for sales, but maybe the coin shoulndn't have been posted until he was ready. Strange :bad:

I must note that the latest error I have just noticed in the fact that the thread and cointest is an ERROR COINTEST by of course GEO.ERROR - thats 2 errors I just noticed in one place and they were staring me in the face all the time.???

My Error was not spotting the Errors ??

Good Luck to EveryBody - some interesting notes in these posts and of course thanks to Geo.Error for some fun.....and errors!

Edited by lordxtra

I ran out of the spice season all last week, so I bought a new bottle. The spice company decided to upgrade the caps from a screw top to a flip top. So at dinnertime I was spicing up my cod enchiladas with my brain on autopilot. Someone forgot to update my autopilot's firmware, cause instead of flipping the top I unscrewed the top and dumped about half of the bottle of season all over cod enchiladas. So after doing a big of shoveling I enjoyed a very salty dinner. My wife thought is was so funny she had to make a scrapbook page about it.

image_large_110609.jpg

This is a silly one! But one night when I was on the forums, Fairyhoney had a cointest, it started at 9:30- I just wanted to play and started in on the cointest...It went till 2:30 freakin in the morning! It was a really easy question about which video she likes to watch that is a PBS video.

After so many guesses and research of what ended up being so many bands or singers I posted...None were right! (and I tried a bunch)

Here Geo.Error comes along just poppin into the cointest and spits out "Pink Floyd" I though Naaaaa Thats too easy but couldnt believe I hadent named them yet. Sure as the sun shines it was Pink Floyd! Sheesh! where was I? I was relying on googling PBS fund drive and gettin wierd old guys...cant even remember who I named off...But it was Pink Floyd-One of my favorites as well! :o ... :blink:

That was my first encounter with Geo.Error! I do believe she won another cointest that day...Thanks again for the late night fun!

Next time the error wont be on my part! :o

Edit to add: i know its too late, but that was the Error story that popped into my head!

Edited by 007BigD

This is a silly one! But one night when I was on the forums, Fairyhoney had a cointest, it started at 9:30- I just wanted to play and started in on the cointest...It went till 2:30 freakin in the morning! It was a really easy question about which video she likes to watch that is a PBS video.

After so many guesses and research of what ended up being so many bands or singers I posted...None were right! (and I tried a bunch)

Here Geo.Error comes along just poppin into the cointest and spits out "Pink Floyd" I though Naaaaa Thats too easy but couldnt believe I hadent named them yet. Sure as the sun shines it was Pink Floyd! Sheesh! where was I? I was relying on googling PBS fund drive and gettin wierd old guys...cant even remember who I named off...But it was Pink Floyd-One of my favorites as well! :o ... :blink:

That was my first encounter with Geo.Error! I do believe she won another cointest that day...Thanks again for the late night fun!

Edit to add: i know its too late, but that was the Error story that popped into my head!

Thanks for this funny story 007bigd, I realy thougt that you was playing a little game with me. :o

We had a fun late night, thanks for your help. :o (for me a fun early saturday morning :o }

Edited by Geo.Error

hello my dear error,

it was a funny cointest, you have a lot of people give a laugh full weekend.

thank you for the test.

:blink::o:o:o:o

Lorca.nl

Dank je wel , lorca.nl, fijn dat je hebt genoten van mijn cointest. groetjes en veel geluk vandaag. :o

Thanks lorca. nl i am glad that you enjoyed the cointest, give lorca a big hug from us. :o

hooray.gif

I got a wonderful glow-in-the-dark coin from Geo.Error in the mail today!!!!! Whooopie!!!!

Many thanks! Of all the coins in this series to get, this is the best: some of my ancestors came from Holland.

Thanks Atmouse for your great reaction, i am glad that you like the NL geocoin, maybe we are family from long time ago. :)

I am glad you like our dog Error. :o

greetings Geo.error.

Here Geo.Error comes along just poppin into the cointest and spits out "Pink Floyd" I though Naaaaa Thats too easy but couldnt believe I hadent named them yet. Sure as the sun shines it was Pink Floyd! Sheesh! where was I? I was relying on googling PBS fund drive and gettin wierd old guys...cant even remember who I named off...But it was Pink Floyd-One of my favorites as well! :o ... :P

I remember this as well :) You told her to guess James Taylor :) . That Was the first we heard from her, I think. I'm glad we did cuz We Like Her :P

Here Geo.Error comes along just poppin into the cointest and spits out "Pink Floyd" I though Naaaaa Thats too easy but couldnt believe I hadent named them yet. Sure as the sun shines it was Pink Floyd! Sheesh! where was I? I was relying on googling PBS fund drive and gettin wierd old guys...cant even remember who I named off...But it was Pink Floyd-One of my favorites as well! :o ... :wub:

I remember this as well :) You told her to guess James Taylor B) . That Was the first we heard from her, I think. I'm glad we did cuz We Like Her :D

:):)B):blink::huh::huh::o:P:P:P