Algarve GC 2008

PLnauta

Hi Paulo,

Could you let us know the significance of the pictures? I think I see the Portugal coat of arms. What is the building and significance of the flowers?

Thanks.

Tom

Face:

You're absolutely right, at the center it's the Portuguese Coat of Arms, as it is on our Flag. Around, there are six Almond Blossoms. The Almond tree is very common in the region of Algarve. It's part of typical landscape. It's very well represented in the coin.

February is the month of the Almond Blossoms, check more info here: www.visitalgarve.pt

Back:

In white, it's a typical chimney of the houses in Algarve, as you can read here.

The district of Algarve is represented in green. That's its shape. And in the background, yellow round shaped, it's the Sun that shines almost all year round.

The outcome of the coin is very, very good.

Kudos to Billy of VespaFriendsAlgarve for the all concept and original idea. Kudos to Rui Almeida, from Kelux for the excellent artwork.

We're proud of this coin and proud of how Algarve is so well represented in geocaching. Defintely, a must visit region in Portugal. :blink:

Hi,

As Paulo said, there will probably be enough coins around for trading and keep everybody happy :D

I will have a few, so let me know if I can help you.

Cheers,

Antonio

Antonio, your icon would make a good looking coin.

Seem´s like somebody wants a new coin to be produced :anibad: .

Kidding, but, i agree. It would make a nice coin. Acasim, that´s a new logo isn´t it? I believe that´s the first time i see it.

Anyway, i will have some of these coins available for trades later on as well as some Spanish geocoins and some Portugal 2007 geocoins. I have already some trades set up with 2 or 3 geocachers (Serge, don´t go out and buy any of these coins without talking to me first :D but there will plenty available for trades.

Regards

Alberto

Face:

You're absolutely right, at the center it's the Portuguese Coat of Arms, as it is on our Flag. Around, there are six Almond Blossoms. The Almond tree is very common in the region of Algarve. It's part of typical landscape. It's very well represented in the coin.

February is the month of the Almond Blossoms, check more info here: www.visitalgarve.pt

Back:

In white, it's a typical chimney of the houses in Algarve, as you can read here.

The district of Algarve is represented in green. That's its shape. And in the background, yellow round shaped, it's the Sun that shines almost all year round.

Thanks to all for GC like this only to point out that the 16 ***** represent the councils of the Algarve

Billy

Edited by VespaFriendsAlgarve

The coins had arrived!

I've buy some of the newest ALGARVE Geocoin.

They are really beautiful.

If someone is really interested in one, I'm willing to sell some of then!

Please, PM or email me for more details.

Thanks

Regards

NFreitas

Message sent.

Hello

There's more on Europe than VAT :wub: and IVa :P and taxes :lol: and customs, and ... ;):wub:

Now there is a new geocoin. I finally receive mine and i'm ready to send them to those I agree in trades.

I ask these fellow geocoin collectors to send me their address: Droo, Rockin Roddy (i know that if i search through old mail i should find your address :) ), MsTeamPooh, BlueMotmot and ChrisGun.

Don't worry on what to trade, made a suggestion!

Paulo