An apology and a request

The Blue Quasar

To those people that often frequent the Canada Forums to gather interesting information or participate in a discussion of topics directly related to geocaching I would like to apologize to them that they have had to filter through several postings from a certain individual who has decided to continue to add their thinly veiled negative opinions of the Ontario Geocaching Association and of myself.

For more than a year I have made an effort to not give into the frequent blatant or sometimes hidden cheap shots that this person has been allowed to continue making. Having heard from several cachers and forum readers, the general opinion given to me was that they found the posting of this person to be an embarrasement and wished that this person would simply drop it once and for all. This person of whom I speak has continued during this period to take frequent cheap shots, attempted to drag OGA into multiple exchanges and generally been flagrantly disruptive to the forums.

Today however, I am not willing to let this person continue their personal vendetta to slur OGA and myself any further. But being that I consider myself to be an open minded person I am offering this instead.

At this time I would like to request that Keith Watson stop making any comments that are either open and blantant attempts to make myself of OGA be viewed in a dim light. This also includes hinting and suggesting that my character or that of OGA's attempts to be a benefit to the geocachers of Ontario be anything less.

It is not secret to anyone that frequents these forums that I have, apart from earlier today, made no such derogatory comments regarding Keith Watson in well over a year, and yet he has continued to do so unchecked. This is not what the forums are supposed to be about.

While I have not made any effort to make amends for whatever perceived wrong doing I appear to have done, I also have long since dropped making any reactive comments to his postings that have been of a negative design.

So I am formally asking Keith to please stop this here and now because it has gone on more than long enough, no one wants to hear either of us get on each other's cases about anything. That is just petty and childish. I know that in his heart Keith enjoys caching very much as do I, and since it is obvious that our personalities do not mesh it would be best if we both did the honourable thing and left each other alone.

WOW! Didn't expect your private 'back-yard fence' to stretch right across Canada, and then be exposed to the whole world !

I had a caching friend in Western Australia, e-mail me to find out what the problem was. I don't know; but, how does this forum topic promote our sport ?

Since when do the forums only have to promote our "sport"?

Forums kill me sometimes! We have the choice to simply ignore threads we see no value in and yet some choose to still read then post when they don't like the fact that someone started a thread that the replyer(sic) doesn't understand and they don't like the fact that someone started it.

Here's a thought, if you want to understand why a thread is started or what the story is, ask. If you don't like the thread, don't read it!!

The fact that the above quoted poster and others saying this thread shouldn't exist will probably still reply to this post and proves that even if we don't like or agree with a thread, we still feel we need to follow it and comment.

Some people just love to hear their own voices complain...

For what its worth, this has been an issue in southern ontario for a while and it would be good to put this to bed.

All kidding aside and on the basis of the OPs statement

All I know about BQ is through interaction via e-mails (which have been many and all positive), and have no clue who the other party is in this dispute, I can reserve judgment on whether anyone is at fault for the dispute in question.

However, knowing human nature at its worst and its best, I would think that making light of a bad situation will either totally inflame the second party, or will encourage some sort of gentlemans agreement.

My hopes are that someday, somewhere, sometime, all humans will agree to disagree and leave each other alone if so desired.

We may never see that on a public forum, but it could be a starting point.

JMHO

All kidding aside and on the basis of the OPs statement

All I know about BQ is through interaction via e-mails (which have been many and all positive), and have no clue who the other party is in this dispute, I can reserve judgment on whether anyone is at fault for the dispute in question.

However, knowing human nature at its worst and its best, I would think that making light of a bad situation will either totally inflame the second party, or will encourage some sort of gentlemans agreement.

My hopes are that someday, somewhere, sometime, all humans will agree to disagree and leave each other alone if so desired.

We may never see that on a public forum, but it could be a starting point.

JMHO

I know party A (eh) fairly well, do not know party B at all. But even if I didn't, it really does appear that party B goes out of their way to take swipes at Party A. It would be best to totally ignore each other. There's been a couple of epic battles in my area (on cache pages), even to the point of reviewer intervention, and that was the solution, which seems to be working. Ignore and be happy. :laughing: