All my information is gone

Speedpelet

I hadn't turned on my GPSr for about a week and went out yesterday morning to go find a few geocaches that I had loaded into my GPSr and there was nothing there. There was no points I had marked or anything. The batteries were fine and it hasn't been extremely cold. Has anyone else had this problem or what do I need to do to prevent this. I have a Visa HCx.

I had this happen on start-up once. I had over 800 geocaches loaded on my Vista HCx and when I went to find>geocaches, there was nothing there. I quickly shut down my GPSr, counted to 15, said a prayer, and restarted. All was once again well and I've not had the problem since.

Ouch.

I once had my GPS go through a reset, unplanned and totally accidental. By the extremely unlikely combination of bumps to my GPS buttons in my pocket being exactly the 4 or 5 keypress sequence required to do a master reset.

At least that does not clear the SD card. but my SD card data was a week old and did not have the caches I wanted to do that day.

And a reset required a minimum of 12.5 minutes for the GPS to get the full almanac downloaded from the satellites. Ruined my day some 50 miles from home with time runing out to get to a meeting.